• Advertisement

wed oct 5

wed oct 5

Postby TiteGrpR » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:04 pm

ok, this will be my first entry in realtime. Hunted the “top stand“ hardwood ridge overlooking grass field. Conditions perfect,saw squat. Went and grabbed lunch at the truckstop. Came back to the same stand but soon realized no good-the sun is directly on me and melting my face off hot as heck. I get down and head for the “bottom stand“.its in a strip of hardwoods with a ditch running up the middle. It faces east, so im good. I just saw a gobbler and another bird. Wish they woulda come closer. This is the last day of my vacation so ide like to make it count.
Ok my phone battery went die, so now I'm home finishing this. Ended up seeing nothing but a screech owl on the stand. Walking back to the truck I pass the field where my top stand is...wouldnt you know.. a deer is standing there 50 yards from my stand. We stare at each other for 1/8 second and with one leap it's out of sight. Too dark by then to shoot anyway. Man, these deer are messin with me. :cry:
Last edited by TiteGrpR on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#----------Kill It -N- Grill It---->
TEAM TENTH LEGION
TiteGrpR
4 Point

Re: wed oct 5

Postby chadbragg » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Good luck! Glad to see ya using the journal area. I love to read this type of hunting thread.
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Re: wed oct 5

Postby jbullard1 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

I approved the post Maybe GTK and get this worked out
Glad to see your journal
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1