• Advertisement

Chadbragg

Share your favorite recipes and discuss new recipes !

Moderator: terry08

• Advertisement

Chadbragg

Postby terry08 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:35 am

Give it another try, I know you can do it.
I took a quart bag of the sliced meat to work with me. Warmed it up for lunch, placed on bunns & added Bar B Q sauce. Offerd the customer a sandwich, and his words were oh my god. He had never tasted anything so good. He asked me how much it would cost to do one for him? I explained that one cost me 150.00 in ammo. But since it is illegal to sell venison, I would do him one for free. No way he replied, I will buy the ammo & you can give me the meat. Then he handed me 150.00 dollars cash. So now my last hindquarter is his. Prepared and in the smoker at 3:30 pm. Gonna give it three hours of pecan and take it to 165 degrees. Should be there by 3:30 Am, the alarm goes off at the set time and I drag my butt out of bed. Made coffee and went out to check. Ambient temperature is 26* outside and the quarters internal temp. has only reached 148*, well I'm up now so I pulled it off and into the oven at 350*. Only took fifteen minutes to reach my target temperature. Hope he enjoys it.

All prepared

On the smoker

Ready for delivery

All sliced up

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Re: Chadbragg

Postby chadbragg » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Nice. I will give it another shot.
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby deepwaterwolf » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:37 pm

We have a processor here in Louisville that does the same thing and he will pack it in packs like sandwich meat. It is great, take a pack out and let it thaw out then heat it up in the microwave and put it in some bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. Psalm 42:1
deepwaterwolf
8 Point

Postby terry08 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:57 am

Just slice vacuum seal & freeze, when ready to eat, place bag in pot of boiling water. Taste just like you just pulled it off the smoker.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Return to Recipe Discussion