• Advertisement

And it ended fast!!

And it ended fast!!

Postby LadyHunter » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:20 pm

I see I am just not much on keeping a journal, I just forget it!

I went into this season with high hopes after seeing all the deer I saw last year, and having lots of deer on game cams all during the summer. But alas it was not to be. This season easily ranks as one of the worst if not the worst season for me ever. It was certainly the worst since I started bow hunting about 10 years ago.

Bow season.. I did not draw on a deer. Zero, zilch. First time ever, I did not at least get a shot. I did not see a deer from the stand that close enough to shoot. Last year hunting in the same areas I could have killed dozens. Strange.

Gun season the pattern continued. I did kill one doe and one 6 point the first gun season. There were no pic of the 6, he was an older cull that we wanted to take out. But overall I saw fewer deer in any stand I hunted on any of the land I hunt.

If we had a rut I missed it. No scraps. If I saw a scrap it was worked one time and never worked again. I have in all my years of hunting never seen anything like this season. The only cam pic I got were majority at night. They went nocturnal early this year and stayed that way.

The other thing I noticed, is that hogs did the same. They did not visit the feeders or the salt licks. I have few on camera. I am putting the cams back out to see what I get post season.

I did lose the last 3 weeks of season. My season ended abruptly one rainy morning returning from a fire. I plan on working hard at rehab to be back climbing by bow season. Next year can only be better!!
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Return to LadyHunters Journal