Rules, Inforamation, and Posts for the 2013-2014 Deer Contest

Team 7 checking in....

Postby flipper » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Firecloud
Jaystew
Dublelung
Flipper
AND CURLYJACK

No need for anyone else to get excited about the competition because WE are going to win.
We just need to come up with a good name since you all will be seeing it so much :stir: :stir: :stir:
Last edited by flipper on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: Team 7 checking in....

Postby Smacko » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 pm

you forgot Curlyjack...but that's ok...ya'll might as well check out because Team 6 has this...
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Get back under your rock, Smacko. But before you go, let me suggest you name your team "Shaky Shooters" because your Barney Fife squad will only quiver if their boots if a good buck presents a shot.

Ok, team. We got this! Any suggestions for a team name?

Just for kicks, introduce yourself and tell what you shoot, where you hunt, and what you killed last season.

I'm located in South Jackson and have 20 acres of land that is always good for a few deer. Last season I killed a decent 8 point and two does...all with a crossbow. I hunted bow only, as I normally do, all season long. This year, since my heart condition is improved, I will hunt some with my traditional recurve which I have hunted with for 45 years now.

This year I had the good luck to be drawn for a three day archery only hunt the second week of season at Mahannah WMA. I scouted it yesterday. Mahannah has produced some record book deer in the past so I hope I can arrow one of those for our contest!
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 am

Smacko wrote:you forgot Curlyjack...but that's ok...ya'll might as well check out because Team 6 has this...

I didn't forget him. I just left his name off because he is our leader:)
We aren't going to check out because when all is said and done, we will be the ones saying "CHECKMATE."
(I fixed my earlier post)
Last edited by flipper on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 am

Okay, a little about me...... I hunt our property, about 450 acres, give or take a few, which is about an hour north of Jackson. I used to bow hunt, but gave that up a few years back because of other fun stuff that I got involved in. Now I just gun hunt using either my Ruger .270 bolt, Remington 30-06 semi auto, or my .444 single shot. I prefer to stalk around the property rather than sit in a stand. We don't have food plots or feeders, but I am trying to talk my husband into planting some rye grass for the cows this fall. Last year I took a 7 point and an 8 point (I think), so I am good for some points, although neither of those bucks turned out to be as big as I expected. When deer season is over, my husband and I love riding our Harleys (thank you Jaystew!), and we have a group of friends that I ride horses with. Photography is another passion (strictly amateur) and I love football, no matter who is playing.
Last edited by flipper on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby Curlyjack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:38 am

Curlyjack is here! :ylsuper:

I hunt on about 400 acres in SE Greene County. I only harvested one doe last year, but I have few good bucks on camera already this year. I hunt with my old bow, 30.06, 45-70, 12 ga., and my 50 cal. Hawken. It just depends on how I feel when I leave the house. Good luck!
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
Curlyjack
10 Point

Postby FireCloud » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Hey guys, we are still missing two of our team members. Anyone know where Doublelung and Jaystew are? If you know these guys, please contact them and ask them to check in. Otherwise Smacko will cut them from our team and replace them with people on the stand by list who are eager to be on a team.

What about a team name? Any one (on our team!) have a suggestion?

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:47 am

FireCloud, since no one on your team will respond to you, I will help you out. Team "Also Participated" sound very fitting to me. :W: :W: :stir:
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby e_smith06 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:56 am

glenn wrote:FireCloud, since no one on your team will respond to you, I will help you out. Team "Also Participated" sound very fitting to me. :W: :W: :stir:

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
:pop: :pop: :pop:
TEAM FIVE 2015-2016
e_smith06
Boone&Crockett

Postby FireCloud » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:44 am

glenn wrote:FireCloud, since no one on your team will respond to you, I will help you out. Team "Also Participated" sound very fitting to me. :W: :W: :stir:

Glenn, I know you are worried but this contest works like t-ball. We'll give your team something just because they showed up for the game even though you won't be the winners.

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:48 am

BTW, Flipper is the captain of our team. She set up the thread. I'm just "helping out."

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:18 am

I know from past experience that doublelung and jaystew are doers not talkers... they will show....
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:31 am

LadyHunter wrote:I know from past experience that doublelung and jaystew are doers not talkers... they will show....

You are so right Ladyhunter, they are both awesome hunters and that is why I want to be sure they check is so Smacko does not kick them off our team. As you know, ole Smacky will do anything to get an advantage for his team.

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:34 am

FireCloud wrote:
LadyHunter wrote:I know from past experience that doublelung and jaystew are doers not talkers... they will show....

You are so right Ladyhunter, they are both awesome hunters and that is why I want to be sure they check is so Smacko does not kick them off our team. As you know, ole Smacky will do anything to get an advantage for his team.

Hummm... you sure do seem worried about Smacko..... :?: :?: Could it be you are worried about him and the team he is on...... :W: :W: :pop: :pop: :pop:

After all he was on the winning team last year... as was I..... :W: :W:
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby e_smith06 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:41 am

Y'all needn't put too much thought or effort into this. Team 2 has already won it :ylsuper:
TEAM FIVE 2015-2016
e_smith06
Boone&Crockett

Postby FireCloud » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Nah, Ladyhunter, no worries. I've been watching the hunting for several years now and pretty much have patterned most of the regulars on the forum so that I know what they usually produce each year. What Smacko kills is never an issue. He most likely already has a couple pet deer penned up somewhere that he feeds every afternoon while waiting on the season to open. :D :D But like anyone in the contest he can only post two deer and after that the best he can do is hope his team mates also produce.

It takes teamwork to win and that means EVERYONE on the team needs to be productive and post some good bucks. As I have said, it's all about killing bucks. Does won't cut it this year with expanded teams, more mature bucks due to antler size limits and DMAP programs, several out of state hunters who hunt in good spots, and a whole bunch of heavy hitters spread out on the teams. And, the teams have some eager beaver hunters on them who will hunt hard.

That said, you gotta watch old Smacky for all the tricks up his sleeve. Since he is the contest judge , he can disqualify a team member's entry on some technicality such as not meeting one of the rules he created. He can also "short change" the number of points credited by deciding that one or more of the points "don't count" because they are broken off, too short, or some other reason he comes up with. If his team gets behind in the points, better keep a close eye on him!

Right now he is busy trying to change the line up on the other teams by kicking off people he doesn't want because he knows they are heavy hitters. As you said, Ladyhunter on my team we have two good hunters that are a little slow to check in. But if you don't keep a sharp eye on him, Ole Smacky might throw them off the team and replace them with someone else. Nothing like rigging the contest in your favor! It's really the only way he can help his team because his point total isn't going to help much. :rotflol: :stir: :stir:

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby dublelung » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 am

Checking in for duty sirs and mams! :D
I've got some nice ones showing up on the cameras and more does than I can shake a stick at.
Hopefully, my luck will change once hunting season comes in because in the past month I've had the following mishaps......got rear ended while going down a wide open 4 lane highway which totaled out my atv trailer, $2500.00 damage to atv, $1600.00 damage to truck, sheared ball joint and ruined tire/rim in wife's old car while on same said highway, broke windshield in wife's new car, clutch went out in tractor while prepping food plots, welding maching won't crank to build new atv trailer, and got the green apple splatters from eating at a Mexican joint.
Long story short, I'm ready for some stress relief and the deer are about to be it. :D :D :D
I still hate Commies, even after they changed their name to Liberals.
dublelung
Non-Typical

Postby Smacko » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 am

now Firecloud...I just wanted you to know, I sent a friendly e-mail to the 2 that had not showed up and one just posted... I do not cheat and have only been on one or two winning teams.... As for the rules...you are a smart enough person and surely old enough to read and understand the rules...if you can't follow the rules then yes any violations will be deleted and not counted...also just for your peace of mind, we had a buck get taken off our team because of rules not followed...almost everyone on here knows me and I am fair...but as stated in the rules GTK is also a judge and he is not on a team...all decisions go thru all the judges not just me....make sure your old age doesn't have you confused and you are mistaken me for my brother Todd....lol...
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby dublelung » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:44 am

I don't get on this forum every day. Sometimes I do then other times I may go a week or two without logging on. If I'm missing anything or any of you need to contact or "remind" me hit that pm or email button like Smacko did. I don't take offense to anything except losing a deer contest to the 6 lesser teams. :stir: :lol: :)
dublelung
Non-Typical

Postby FireCloud » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:48 am

Smacko wrote:now Firecloud...I just wanted you to know, I sent a friendly e-mail to the 2 that had not showed up and one just posted... I do not cheat and have only been on one or two winning teams.... As for the rules...you are a smart enough person and surely old enough to read and understand the rules...if you can't follow the rules then yes any violations will be deleted and not counted...also just for your peace of mind, we had a buck get taken off our team because of rules not followed...almost everyone on here knows me and I am fair...but as stated in the rules GTK is also a judge and he is not on a team...all decisions go thru all the judges not just me....make sure your old age doesn't have you confused and you are mistaken me for my brother Todd....lol...

You sound a bit serious there, Smacko. I wasn't serious at all, just having some fun at your expense. As for your integrity, I would not want anyone else for a judge...unless of course it was me! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:54 am

Ugly stuff has sure been happening to you, Dublelung. i can understand why you are ready to kill something!

I got you down for two good bucks for the contest. Glad you are on this team! Go get 'um and have a great season.

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 am

We need a name. The only name that has popped into my mind is Team Buck Blasters. Let's hear from some of you guys.

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby BDHunts » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:07 am

How about "Smoke Blowers".

Cause Firecloud sure does blow alot of Smoke!!! :W: :W:
Genesis 27:3 “Now then, get your weapons — your quiver and bow — and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.”
"Odocoileus Virginianus"-The original fast food
Hunt hard, Hunt long and Hunt safe
NRA LIFE MEMBER
BDHunts
6 Point

Postby jaystew » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Im here!!! :smash:
jaystew
10 Point

Postby dublelung » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm fine with any name you all like. They'll likely be referring to all of team 7 as Your Honor by the time this little contest is over. :) Silly wannabees!
dublelung
Non-Typical

Next

Return to Deer Contest 2013-2014