• Advertisement

Team 7 checking in....

Rules, Inforamation, and Posts for the 2013-2014 Deer Contest

Re: Team 7 checking in....

Postby FireCloud » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Hey..Hey..Hey. Everyone is now present and accounted for. Are you ready to win this thing? I honestly think we can, although I will have to step up my game to keep up with the rest of you.

You guys are all good hunters as I have seen your results in past seasons. Flipper has so many deer on her land you would think she lives in Cades Cove. I don't think Dublelung ever misses a shot. Jaystew and Curlyjack stack up antlers in a pile every year. So if I don't let the team down, we can do this!

Finally, if any of you are up for an "urban deer" bow hunt, and are going to be in Jackson, let me know when you can hunt and bring your bow. On my land, the deer are not gun hunted at all and most shot opportunities are thus at close range under 35 yards. I have 5 permanent stands plus a climber I keep in the woods so you don't need to bring anything but your bow. I have three food plots, a mineral station, and tons of oaks that drop more acorns than the deer can ever eat. I'd be happy to let any of you hunt on my land. Keep whatever you kill, of course, because I don't really need the deer meat this year.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby dublelung » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:45 am

Ohhh Dublelung misses plenty of shots :oops: , he just don't like to talk about them that much. :)
That's a mighty kind invite Firecloud!
I've known Curlyjack my whole life and we only live about 5 miles away from one another. If his daddy would quit fencing off his garden, Curlyjack would never have to leave home to fill his freezer.
I still hate Commies, even after they changed their name to Liberals.
dublelung
Non-Typical

Postby Curlyjack » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:10 pm

I've known Curlyjack my whole life and we only live about 5 miles away from one another. If his daddy would quit fencing off his garden, Curlyjack would never have to leave home to fill his freezer.[/quote]

I just leave the house for the peace and quiet, with all these youngans running around it gets to loud to concentrate on a shot :)
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
Curlyjack
Non-Typical

Postby Curlyjack » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Just a little update: All the food plots are planted now and hoping we get some of the rain forecast for next week. Even got the garden planted. :)
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
Curlyjack
Non-Typical

Postby jaystew » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:26 am

Killed a doe last Monday, just getting around to getting pics up loaded.
jaystew
10 Point

Postby FireCloud » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Good job, Jaystew! Congratulations. :ylsuper:

I arrowed a deer worth 5 points in the contest last Wednesday on my Mahannah trip but it was midnight before we finished tracking it, checking it in, and cleaning it. We had a 20 hour hunt day, were dead tired, and our cell phones had run out of battery juice so we had no way to take photos. Without a photo I cannot enter that one in the contest. Sorry teammates, but I'll do better on the next one.

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:44 am

Saw Jaystew at Southern Thunder yesterday and he told me about the doe he got. Congratulations to him!........ They have a great selection of 2014 Harley's there, and it's a beautiful store. Y'all should stop in if you're in the area. I love that place!
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby jaystew » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Always good to see you Flipper, cant wait for David to pull the trigger!!!
jaystew
10 Point

Postby flipper » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:50 pm

jaystew wrote:Always good to see you Flipper, cant wait for David to pull the trigger!!!

I'm working on him. I point out all the great improvements to the 2014's. I know he'd love to have a 103. He's pretty reluctant to let got of any bikes or money right now though. As far as hunting trigger pulling, he doesn't even pick up his gun any more. Durn his hide!

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:47 pm

jaystew wrote:Killed a doe last Monday, just getting around to getting pics up loaded.

Have you posted the doe to the points thread? You have to do that for it to count.

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby dublelung » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Just to let my team mates know I WILL be laying the hammer down on some deer the next 4 days after tomorrow. It will be my first chance to hunt at home and I've got a pile of does as well as a few nice bucks coming in pretty good. My Twin Oaks hunt was a flop as far as killing but I had a real good hunt and learned alot about the place.
Halloween Day I'll be leaving for a week in South Dakota and am fired up about the yearly trip up there with good friends. Good luck to you fellas and keep it safe!
dublelung
Non-Typical

Postby FireCloud » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm pulling for ya! Hope one of your good bucks strolls by tomorrow. Good luck!

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:16 am

Settle down Firecloud...... Jaystew IS quite busy, but I feel sure that even if he doesn't post a pic of that doe, he will come through with his points before the contest is over........in February. He is a great hunter. As for me, I don't bow hunt. I DO gun hunt like a fiend and just can't wait to have my chance at a big 'un. Things are just really fixing' to crank up. Just be a little patient with us.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:13 am

Firecloud, my post should not be viewed as argumentative. But just my opinion. No where in the rules does it state, that you must enter every deer you harvest in the contest.
In past contests, myself and other team members, would take deer and not enter them at the time of harvest. I however would take pictures, and towards the end of contest, had I not taken the bucks, I had hoped for. Then at that time I would post my photos for points. Kinda takes the wind out of the teams, who thought they had it in the bag. Then all of a sudden, pics of kills by other teams, start appearing.
It's what was drilled into me many years ago, while serving in the Marine Corp. It's called the element of surprise.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:17 am

terry08 wrote:Firecloud, my post should not be viewed as argumentative. But just my opinion. No where in the rules does it state, that you must enter every deer you harvest in the contest.
In past contests, myself and other team members, would take deer and not enter them at the time of harvest. I however would take pictures, and towards the end of contest, had I not taken the bucks, I had hoped for. Then at that time I would post my photos for points. Kinda takes the wind out of the teams, who thought they had it in the bag. Then all of a sudden, pics of kills by other teams, start appearing.
It's what was drilled into me many years ago, while serving in the Marine Corp. It's called the element of surprise.

you've got to have an ace in the hole

A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:51 am

I'm like flipper and terry, he'll post them when he gets time. Personally I'd be more worried about a member that hasn't cked in since sept. 28 than I would jaystew posting his pic. I have no dog in this race and mean no disrespect whatsoever, just saying.
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby jaystew » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Been a busy and shakey year, Bob Parsons-founder and owner of GODADDY.COM purchased the Dealership and final acquisition takes over the 20th of this month. It is a positive acquisition as Bob has DEEEEEEEEEEEEP pockets and can take us to a new level. He has no intentions of removing anyone as we are ranked ninth in the country out of 606 dealers. He surprised us with a sign on bonus!!!! We got to just keep rocking on. The best part is he has assured us more time off than the current 6 to 7 day work week! That's the real bonus! He is going to complete Bruce Rossmeyers dream of making this Destination Daytona!
jaystew
10 Point

Postby jaystew » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:06 pm

My uncle was in town from Idaho with me when I killed the doe and I did not have my phone and relied on his- not realizing his flip phone did not have the capabilities needed to send it to me correctly. I got meat in the freezer and that's good enough for me! ;) No disrespect team mates! I will make up for it!
jaystew
10 Point

Postby dublelung » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:24 pm

Ya'll just remember this is for fun. If somebody don't kill or don't enter a deer then it's really not a big deal. Have fun, hunt safe, and enjoy yourselves. :)
dublelung
Non-Typical

Postby flipper » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:46 am

jaystew wrote:Been a busy and shakey year, Bob Parsons-founder and owner of GODADDY.COM purchased the Dealership and final acquisition takes over the 20th of this month. It is a positive acquisition as Bob has DEEEEEEEEEEEEP pockets and can take us to a new level. He has no intentions of removing anyone as we are ranked ninth in the country out of 606 dealers. He surprised us with a sign on bonus!!!! We got to just keep rocking on. The best part is he has assured us more time off than the current 6 to 7 day work week! That's the real bonus! He is going to complete Bruce Rossmeyers dream of making this Destination Daytona!

I don't know how I missed this post. That is great news! From my standpoint, Lisa has done an awesome job. I mean, after all, y'all are 9th in the country. Maybe Bob will guide you to no. 1. That's where you are in my book anyway. It will be great for you all to have more time off. More riding time, more hunting time......... I will be paying attention to see the changes.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby Smacko » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Per Firecloud's request to team captain to be removed from Team 7, Bloodhound has taken his spot....
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby Bloodhound » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm here and ready to roll. Opening up my season in georgia today. :lol:
Don't sweat the petty stuff.....
And don't pet the sweaty stuff.
Bloodhound
8 Point

Postby dublelung » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:44 am

Welcome to the team Bloodhound and good luck with your season!
dublelung
Non-Typical

Postby Bloodhound » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks DL. Back home from the ga. trip a day early. The rain set in and deer were on lockdown, but we had a blast just socializing.
Don't sweat the petty stuff.....
And don't pet the sweaty stuff.
Bloodhound
8 Point

Postby dublelung » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Socializing is no doubt a very big part of my season. I'm headed to Panther Swamp to do a little hunting and post hunt socializing just as soon as I get off work tomorrow. Good luck to everyone over the holiday weekend.
dublelung
Non-Typical

PreviousNext

Return to Deer Contest 2013-2014