• Advertisement

Still hunting?

Rules, Inforamation, and Posts for the 2013-2014 Deer Contest

Still hunting?

Postby bucksides » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:55 am

Everyone still hunting? I've saw a ton of deer this year. I have only saw one legal buck. A stud 18" 8pt. Needless to say I screwed that up. Don't know If I missed or not. He hasn't showed up on my cameras yet. I've looked the hillside over. I'm sure I missed, but not 100%. Been a crazy year! I usually kill a decent buck or two. Got several big deer left. Easy to get discouraged. Guess I'm not the only one having a "off" year. My team is tied for second place. Could be worse! We still got time! Maybe it will turn around! Hope everyone can finish strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bucksides
8 Point

Re: Still hunting?

Postby e_smith06 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:05 am

I'm still hunting every chance I get. Been a terrible year for me. But I'm thankful for the opportunity to get out and hunt! I try to stay eternally optimistic! :D This "terrible season" can make a complete 180 in a matter of seconds!
TEAM FIVE 2015-2016
e_smith06
Boone&Crockett

Postby bucksides » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:21 am

True!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bucksides
8 Point

Postby huntall » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:16 am

I'm about burn out. May hunt a little bit more.
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 am

I am still hunting just about every day. So far this has been the worse year in a long time as far as seeing deer from the stand. They are there, just moving only at night or not at all. I have not seen a legal buck of any kind in daylight hours from the stand. Last year I so 5 to 6 at a time during bow season. It has just been a weird year, and talking to others it has been that way for a lot!
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:55 am

I too am hunting pretty much everyday, getting a little burned out but keep making myself get up and go because I know in a few weeks its over. I have seen a bunch of deer this year but not as many as years past.
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:24 am

yep in 2 weeks it will be over again till next fall already looking forward to getting back in the chase i jumped the gun and shot a deer that i had let pass on several ocasions but he was a cull pretty good deer but i should have waited i guess the weather has been cold this year ever since early november . hunted very hard this season many days in the stand a lot of succesful hunts but a lot of unsuccessful ones too.the bucks in ark were crazy saw more than i ever have in the woods tagged out early before thanks giving came home to miss at that magic time scored on the biggest buck of my life the second hunt . the only regret is i did not take him with my bow in miss i saw a lot of bucks also some times things just line up right and having all the time in the world to hunt is another factor you have to be there to kill one.but it sill isn't too late i know it's hard not to get discourged when you go time and time again and see no deer when i get discourged i just sit it out for a couple of days and re focus i have had seasons where the deer just seem to disappear one of my hunting partners has killed only one doe in ark he hunts the same areas i hunt he is beside himself then he trys to fix whats wrong and it just gets worse good luck guys close the season with a bang :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby jv » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:32 am

Worst season for me in a long time but i will hunt till the end but not every day.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Return to Deer Contest 2013-2014