Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Re: Team 1

Postby glenn » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:00 pm

I used to really like you when we were on a team together. Not so much now. Just kidding, that’s a great deer! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:16 pm

Congrats! It’s about to get right by your place. I still have a couple weeks to start contributing.

triple_duece
Non-Typical

Postby bucksides » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:10 am

Congrats on a good one! You done good doing everything by yourself! Sounds like you deserve a candlelit dinner from your spouse! Lol

bucksides
8 Point

Postby flipper » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

triple_duece wrote:Congrats! It’s about to get right by your place. I still have a couple weeks to start contributing.

That’s a good buck you got! Did I miss the story?

2018-19 Team #1 BLADES and BULLETS
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:58 pm

flipper wrote:
triple_duece wrote:Congrats! It’s about to get right by your place. I still have a couple weeks to start contributing.

That’s a good buck you got! Did I miss the story?

You know I didn’t post one. I will get around to it soon.

triple_duece
Non-Typical

Postby triple_duece » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:55 am

Here goes. Been hunting hard. Seems like if something could go wrong it did. Started way back in October w my Arkansas trip and only to find out the herd been cut in half by ehd. Was picked to hunt the November hunt and we didn’t go because of it.

Didn’t bow hunt during the bow season. Hunted property and passed on young bucks. Thanksgiving hunt I put people in trees on wma and most shot. Hunted primitive in tensas nwr and put people up and most killed, w me killing a hog. Hunted next weekend lottery for nwr and didn’t see a deer, got wet and froze my but off. Altinator goes out on trip up on Sunday at 8:30, brake calipers on another trip. Busted my back one trip and let’s just say I’m leaving some tings out lol, for the sake of a short read.

Came up after Christmas and Dj killed a nice 8 pt. Came back on New Year’s Day and it’s rained half the season. My crossing been under and been having to park, walk, paddle and walk 1000 yards to stand, carrying corn most times.

So January 6th, me and dj are hunting. It’s been foggy the day before and was supposed to be on this day. It wasn’t and we had our first blue sky day. This buck was one I had on cam that I was wanting to shoot. Hunter was always hunting the public so I figured if I get a shot I will fill my first tag of the season.

I had been frustrated the evening before cause all we seen was bears. That all changed at 7:30 am. Pulled my can out my back and stuck my arm out of window to north and did 3 bleats. Brought my arm in and turned to look south and there he was standing 80 yards broadside and staring me down. I didn’t move for 5 minutes. Deer appeared small and not something I would shoot. Finally he turned his head and I could raise my Binos to have a look. That’s him I said to myself. Reached for rifle and he started crossing the 25 foot lane. Bleated with my mouth 3 times to stop him and squeezed the trigger he ran in crp and didn’t hear much after about 30 yards. Got down after 15 minutes to look for blood but I didn’t find a drip. Found his tracks but couldn’t track them but across the ditch. Did a small search and I could smell him. Backed out and went another way and found him piled up 40 yards of the lane. Pulled him out and walked the 1000 yards to boat where cart was staged. Walked back to buck w cart and climbed into stand do dj could hunt. At nine I text him are you ready, he said sure. Took pics and loaded on cart and work began. He scored 120” and weighed 222#. Lol triple duece....get it?ImageImageImageImageImageImage

triple_duece
Non-Typical

Postby bucksides » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Congrats everyone on the awesome deer! I got a 10pt this evening. I had an hour till dark when I got home from work. Thirty minutes into the hunt, one of target deer comes out about 25 yards. I shot and found him 20 yards away from where I shot him. He’s my personal best as far as points go. I wish he was wider, but i am beyond excited to have got him. Anyone who knows the area where we are, knows that 10pts are not something that you see very often. My first in person. I got two 9pts that are a little bigger than this one coming in. I don’t know if I’ll get an opportunity to get one, but I’ll try. Only can upgrade a couple more points potentially, but I am thankful for it. Today was an awesome evening, I won’t ever forget!

bucksides
8 Point

Postby bucksides » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:21 pm

bucksides
8 Point

Postby bucksides » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm

bucksides