• Advertisement

Rice Bran

Food Plot info/questions, Herd Management, QDMA ...

Re: Re: Rice Bran

Postby FireCloud » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 pm

reesguide wrote: Wrong on part of that, corn ain't legal for hogs anytime other when its fed under the guide lines of supplement feeding deer.

The information stated in my long post above is not wrong in any fashion. Every single aspect of what I stated was taken directly, often word for word, from the current MDWFP Nuisance Animal hunting regulations. Anyone can read them verbatim at the MWDFP website and verify the accuracy of my information.

The MDWFP laws on wild hog hunting do not define what is or is not a "grain or grain product." If corn is classified as a grain then it can in fact be used as hog bait inside a live trap exactly as I stated. If corn is not classified as a grain or grain product, then it can be used any other way as a hog bait.

You tell me if corn is classified by the MDWFP as a grain or grain product and I will then tell you which of the two ways stated in the law it can be legally used. Corn absolutely HAS to be one or the other, ie. either it is or is not a grain or grain product. Which ever way you classify it, corn CAN INDEED be used directly as a hog bait. It absolutely DOES NOT have to be fed from a covered feeder in EITHER case when used as a hog bait. It can be poured directly on the ground, put in any sort of container, etc. and DOES NOT have to be fed, as stated by reesguide, in conformance to the supplemental feeding rules for deer.

Essentially, when it comes to hog hunting ANYTHING edible can be used as hog bait. There is NOTHING prohibited by the game laws from being used as a hog bait. The only restriction is that grains and grain products must be placed inside a live hog trap. The point I am making here is that you can still use any sort of grain as a hog bait. When grains are placed inside a live hog trap that keeps deer or similar animals from getting to the grains.

John, the person who is wrong here is you, not me. Corn can be used as hog bait and it does NOT have to be fed to hogs in conformance with the supplemental deer feeding rules.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: Rice Bran

Postby jv » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Our club doesn't allow any supplement feeding with any type of grain at any time of the year....food plots only.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby reesguide » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:31 pm

FireCloud wrote:
reesguide wrote: Wrong on part of that, corn ain't legal for hogs anytime other when its fed under the guide lines of supplement feeding deer.

The information stated in my long post above is not wrong in any fashion. Every single aspect of what I stated was taken directly, often word for word, from the current MDWFP Nuisance Animal hunting regulations. Anyone can read them verbatim at the MWDFP website and verify the accuracy of my information.

The MDWFP laws on wild hog hunting do not define what is or is not a "grain or grain product." If corn is classified as a grain then it can in fact be used as hog bait inside a live trap exactly as I stated. If corn is not classified as a grain or grain product, then it can be used any other way as a hog bait.

You tell me if corn is classified by the MDWFP as a grain or grain product and I will then tell you which of the two ways stated in the law it can be legally used. Corn absolutely HAS to be one or the other, ie. either it is or is not a grain or grain product. Which ever way you classify it, corn CAN INDEED be used directly as a hog bait. It absolutely DOES NOT have to be fed from a covered feeder in EITHER case when used as a hog bait. It can be poured directly on the ground, put in any sort of container, etc. and DOES NOT have to be fed, as stated by reesguide, in conformance to the supplemental feeding rules for deer.

Essentially, when it comes to hog hunting ANYTHING edible can be used as hog bait. There is NOTHING prohibited by the game laws from being used as a hog bait. The only restriction is that grains and grain products must be placed inside a live hog trap. The point I am making here is that you can still use any sort of grain as a hog bait. When grains are placed inside a live hog trap that keeps deer or similar animals from getting to the grains.

John, the person who is wrong here is you, not me. Corn can be used as hog bait and it does NOT have to be fed to hogs in conformance with the supplemental deer feeding rules.

Then explain this one for me, you are not ALL knowing.
Hunting Hogs With the Aid of Bait:
Wild hogs may be hunted with the aid of feed/bait except whole, chopped, or ground-up grains. Bait/feed may be placed on or above the ground, year-round, in any type container for the purposes of hunting wild hogs only.
"Team Tenth Legion"

RIP my freind, this seasons for you!!
reesguide
Boone&Crockett

Postby reesguide » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:40 pm

FireCloud wrote:

You must have really been on the bottle hard with your rant to me, YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT CORN FOR BAIT FOR HOGS. PERIOD, END OF STORY. :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
"Team Tenth Legion"

reesguide
Boone&Crockett

Postby reesguide » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Pisses you off when someone says you are wrong and then backs it up dont it!!!!!! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
"Team Tenth Legion"

reesguide
Boone&Crockett

Postby reesguide » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:52 pm

I just read your post again and wanted to repost the regs "verbatem" from the MDWFP. What person in their rite mind wouldnt consider corn a grain??

Hunting Hogs With the Aid of Bait:
Wild hogs may be hunted with the aid of feed/bait except whole, chopped, or ground-up grains. Bait/feed may be placed on or above the ground, year-round, in any type container for the purposes of hunting wild hogs only.

For use in a trap it is allowed but at NO time is it allowed when hunting hogs, unless it is being fed under the deer suplement feeding regs.

It's amazing how someone so smart, for the lack of a better word coming to mind, can make such an (well you know) of himself, what a waste.
"Team Tenth Legion"

reesguide
Boone&Crockett

Postby FireCloud » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:46 pm

reesguide wrote:Pisses you off when someone says you are wrong and then backs it up dont it!!!!!! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

John, it's been quite apparent for a long time that your post are vindictive toward me. You lash out at me personally, making remarks about me as an individual and NOT keeping your posts directed at the substance of the topic. My understanding of the rules of this website is that we should all refrain from attacking other members. Your posts in this thread are clearly going "over the top" in how they potshot at me. I think the tone of your attacks toward me are crystal clear to any readers.

I'm not sure what about my writing ticks you off so much but I don't take the posts in the forum nearly so serious. In fact, my original post about the hogs was intended to be more of a joke than making any serious claim about using "hog baiting" as an excuse to feed rice bran. I'm pretty sure most readers saw it as that, although I did try to clear up any misconceptions in my later posts.

As for the merits of this argument, let me quote my exact words, which are:

"So, realistically you can never hunt anything legally in Mississippi over any form of grain or grain product...PERIOD. The only thing you can legally do with grain or grain products is to TRAP hogs...not hunt them."

You then challenged me as being "wrong" by saying, and I quote:

"corn ain't legal for hogs anytime other when its fed under the guide lines of supplement feeding deer."

You are boldly claiming it IS LEGAL to feed corn to hogs if it is fed under the guidelines of the supplemental deer feeding rules. John, I say again, that is a FALSE statement and you are STILL wrong.

My statement remains correct as you can ONLY use corn as a hog bait when it is in a live trap and NEVER any other time. You absolutely cannot feed corn through a deer feeder with the intent of using it as a hog bait.

Finally, I most surely don't know everything and freely have admitted it, along with mistakes I have made occasionally, in my posts. I do however believe I know considerably more than you do on just about any subject based on the intelligence level I see you demonstrate in your writings. Just my opinion, of course! :D

This subject has been beat up enough so I am going to leave it alone. If you care to keep posting about it, be my guest.

Have a nice day! :)
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Rice Bran

Postby hungryhuntergirl » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:02 am

Rees, why the personal attack? All u had to post was the correct info without the jab... Smh...
There is room for all gods creatures right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy!!
hungryhuntergirl
Long-Nosed Nanny

Postby Todd Macko » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:10 am

:pray

You're both fine gentlemen. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby LazyGhost » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 am

Lol...i been skipping this topic and just glanced at it for the first time. Ill have to read the whole thing when i get home.
LazyGhost
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:21 am

:nono: :nono: Rees you went to far here. It is fine to argue the point and discuss ways each one interprets the mess we call Game Laws in MS. But your jabs at FireCloud go to far. No where did he attack you personally, and never did he say he was all knowing.

I agree with Todd that both of you are fine men and I see no need for personal attacks.
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby reesguide » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:16 pm

hungryhuntergirl wrote:Rees, why the personal attack? All u had to post was the correct info without the jab... Smh...

That is exactly what I did.

It's all good far as I am concerned. My apologies Firecloud.
"Team Tenth Legion"

reesguide
Boone&Crockett

Postby Todd Macko » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Back to the topic, corn is definitely considered a grain. It's one of the family of grassy plants that produce starchy seeds. While there are probably hundreds of grain crops around the world, those that we would be familiar with are wheat, rice, corn, barley, rye, oats, sorghum, and millet, some of which are commonly grown here. The barley, rye, and oats tend to be grown in the midwestern states with their shorter growing season. Some of the others you'd have to be or know a health-nut (my wife) to know about. :W:
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby brewer03 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:55 pm

wow thought I done signed on the bullnett fer a minute
Triple Threat 2015- 2016

Serious Six 2014-2015

Rajun Sardis Bucks
2013-2014 deer hunting champs

life is great the oppurtunity to hunt and fish make it even better
brewer03
Pope&Young

Postby Bullie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:20 pm

The real question we have to ask ourselves here is; How do we blame this on Preacha and Mac?
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby terry08 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:17 am

Can't wait to let ladyhunter and chadbragg know how I feel about them. LOL

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby Todd Macko » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:25 am

Bullie wrote:The real question we have to ask ourselves here is; What are we gonna do about Preacha and Mac making this mess?

:W:
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby huntall » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:29 am

:pop:
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Postby Bullie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Todd Macko wrote:
Bullie wrote:The real question we have to ask ourselves here is; What are we gonna do about Preacha and Mac making this mess?

:W:

Todd is right!!!!! Dey dah DEBBIL!!!!!!!
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Previous

Return to Wildlife Habitat