• Advertisement

Hang on Buddy or Tree Stand Buddy?

Outdoor related gear talk

Hang on Buddy or Tree Stand Buddy?

Postby buckcrazy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Has anyone ever used either of these? Suppose to make it easier to hang lock on stands. It would more or less be like a third hand helping you out.
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Re: Hang on Buddy or Tree Stand Buddy?

Postby gtk » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:08 am

didn't they come out several years ago? I had forgotten about them till you brought it up
gtk
Admin

Postby BeardsAndBones » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:18 am

buckcrazy, they do help if the stand is every heavy. I had one I used on an API that was pretty large and bulky and it helped alot. As you know you only got so much room up there and somethime you need to get a better position and cannot because you got your hands full. I think they are worth the money.
BeardsAndBones
10 Point

Postby buckcrazy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 am

B&B, which one did you have? The hang on buddy is about $30 and the tree stand buddy is about $70 if i remember right. The hang on seems just as nice and less than half the price. Did it keep the stand locked on tight?
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby BeardsAndBones » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:14 am

Buchcrazy, I had the hang-on. It is so much easyer to hang, you just go up the ladder stick to where you want and put the strap on the tree THEN pull your satnd on and it just sides in place and it is solid as any other way . I loved it , wish I still had it I would send it to you. I am not able to climb much anymore so I got rid of all my lock ons.
BeardsAndBones
10 Point

Postby buckcrazy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks, thats the one ill probably get to. It looked like it was easy enough and didn't have that big price tag like the other one. If it were a major difference in quality i would look closer at the other one but for the money i can buy 2 for the price of one...

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby lugnutzz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:37 am

i just use a pulley on a rope tied to the tree and pull it up that way. tie it off while i get the chain or straps on and around the tree.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

~LugNutzZ

2012-13 Team 5
2013-14 Team 6 - "IronWood"
2014-15 Team 1 - The Mafia" - winner
2015-16 Team 3 - Triple Threat
lugnutzz
Boone&Crockett

Return to Gear