• Advertisement

A question for QSMA management

Quality Squirrel Management Association

Moderator: Bullie

Forum rules
1. The QSMA President has the right to EDIT/DELETE anything in this forum as he sees fit.

2. Any disagreements in this forum will first be addressed by his royal highness, the QSMA President.

3. In the event a dispute can not/ will not be addressed by the QSMA President, an outside arbitrator (gtk) will offer his opinion.

4. This is a PRO-QSMA forum.

A question for QSMA management

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Are there any other levels to this organization besides professional? It would be nice if there was an amature and junior class. Those of us just getting started need some realistic goals for it to be worth while. Once we kill a 150 class, or so then promote us to the professional level. It's hard for me to imagine even killing a 150. Give us something to work toward.
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Re: A question for QSMA management

Postby mag shooter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Not being part of this organization but having been around it for several years I feel I can speak to this .

" Give us something to WORK toward "

Friend you know not what you have ask for , I hunted with these fellers a few times . It seems that the oldest , poorest of health ( me ) had to tote all the squirrels and be gun bearer , test for water depth on all channel crossings , clean all the squirrels , and wax Bullie's car every 3 rd. hunt .

So if I were you I wouldn't mention WORK around THE GREAT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Glenn, its a funny thing you would ask that question. I was just thinking today about recruiting some new members into the ranks of the QSMA. Now that the season is over I can focus a bit more on membership in this great organization.

Anyway, to answer your question, well of course there are other levels besides professional squirrel hunter. In fact, the QSMA actually recognizes a Buck Type squirrel as a Trophy at 1.25 B&S points. There have been many squirrels taken above the 1.25 threshold over the years. Many have been recognized on the cover of NORTH AMERICAN SQUIRREL HUNTER magazine much like the incredible 1.96 B&S Monster Squirrel I bagged a few years back. You may have read in NASH that I have actually bagged TWO WORLD RECORD BUCK TYPE SQUIRRELS over the years. I am sure you have, you seem like an informed fellow.

And, being an informed fellow, I am sure you have a valid checking account. A valid checking account is a requirement for being in the QSMA. Along with reciting the QSMA pledge. But, that is a little bit down the road for you. Another thing, I am always on the lookout for another apprentice to teach the way of the squirrel. Currently, I have 2 understudies. Both of which have achieved greatness in the squirrel hunting world while under my tutelage. Circle C and the Fourthhorseman need no introduction in the civilized squirrel hunting world. So, you can see that greatness can be yours if you become associated with the QSMA. Any 5 year old can reach the level of apprentice with 25 to 30 years of training. Its that easy.

Magshooter has been a fringe associate of the QSMA for quite some time. Most of the original tenets of the QSMA were a joint effort between the two of us. Mag cited his health reasons for his kinda "washing out" of QSMA apprenticeship and I guess all the squirrel carrying and creek crossing and squirrel scoring got the better of him after a time. But, there would never have been a QSMA without him. In fact, we (QSMA) have used his image in our membership ads many times. Perhaps you have seen him in his QSMA monks robe reciting the pledge by moonlight?

If not I am sure I can find it.
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:33 pm

So in maybe 20 more years of diligent training under "His Highness' " tutelage, even I may become a member of this great association?
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 pm

You can become a member easily enough... but a member of good standing...well, that takes a mite longer. In honor of you I might introduce a senior's division.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Bullie wrote:You can become a member easily enough... but a member of good standing...well, that takes a mite longer. In honor of you I might introduce a senior's division.

I/m thinking I would really like that. Senior division sounds a lot like me but I will be most willing to forge into the unknown and test the waters and carry the bounty, just to be around his highness
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:01 pm

I know you know this... but, a fellow doesn't just start off doing something like that. You work up to the squirrel toting and such. Why, I'll bet you haven't even memorized the QSMA pledge yet.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby BigRic » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 pm

jbullard1 wrote:
Bullie wrote:You can become a member easily enough... but a member of good standing...well, that takes a mite longer. In honor of you I might introduce a senior's division.

I/m thinking I would really like that. Senior division sounds a lot like me but I will be most willing to forge into the unknown and test the waters and carry the bounty, just to be around his highness

:roll: :roll: :roll:
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Bullie, not only do I have a checking account I actually have waterproof checks. They are made of rubber. If I'm not careful and drop one wrong it will even bounce.
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Sounds like you would fit right in to the QSMA. You might even be added to the Pro Staff.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Return to QSMA