• Advertisement

Monday Oct 8

Monday Oct 8

Postby LadyHunter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 am

I hunted the north stand on the creek. The wind was high and I was worried that it was wrong for the stand I was in. I did not see any movement but the wind lay close to dark. At about 6:30 I saw the beaver come up the creek. Not long after I caught movement out of the corner of my eye across the creek. A small buck stepped out. I eased up to stand but he went behind the trees south of me and I could see him come down to drink at the creek. While watching him a larger buck came from the south and ran and him. Instead of going back into the pines they started north up the creek. I was watching and ready to draw, knowing it was going to be a ling shot for me, but as they came to the opening they trotted and got behind trees. I could see and hear them through the trees and saw and heard the splash when they crossed the creek. I could see them come up the bank on my side, but it is to far to shoot and through the trees. The first buck is the small 8 with the main beams that touch that I have seen on camera. The second is the bigger 8 with the wide inside spread I also have on camera.
I will admit at this point I am beginning to shake. Now when I gun hunt I do not shake until after I shoot. I am steady and methodical and get my shot off and follow through. Then and only then when the deer is down do I shake and get excited. Not with a bow. I have a tendency to get excited and have a hard time steadying myself. Bow hunting is just exciting!
As I was watching them to see if they would turn and come to me I caught movement out of the corner of my eye across the creek. It was a third buck and by far the biggest. This has to be the massive 10 I have on camera. He had a huge body and large heavy rack, he was moving slower than the other two and never crossed the creek or came into the opening.
By that time I was having a major case of buck fever. No doubt about it. I was shaking so hard I bet the tree was shaking.
The smaller 8 can in close to my stand, and it was getting pretty dark by that time, and I decided to dry and try to take him, though I had intended to give him a pass this year. But it was not to be, I was shaking so bad that I flubbed the shot and it went wide. He just kind jumped a little and walked into the bushes. I watched both of the 8s go a little way into the thick trees and bed down. I waited till full dark and then eased out of the stand and eased out of the woods.

They are there and hopefully another day will bring another shot. But bow hunting is the most exciting thing I have ever done I think. I just hope this is my year to connect!!
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Re: Monday Oct 8

Postby huntall » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Be patient and you will get one! Good luck!
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Return to LadyHunters Journal