• Advertisement

November

November

Postby LadyHunter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 am

November 1 - First hunt of the year in Madison Co. Since I have to drive back and forth was a early run, but I was in the stand by 6:30 Watched the sun rise over the hardwood bottom. All was quiet and still, I had a doe and yearling come in about 8:30.. and this is where it all goes wrong ... again. :bash: :bash:

Standing, waiting, watching. The does comes right in, within 25 yards, stops broadsided. I draw.. or start to draw.. and my arrow is suddenly gone, no sound, no movement, just gone.. or so it seemed. The does didn't run, just turned, I quickly nocked another arrow, but could not get a shot for the trees, but it would not have done any good. My release had broken! :bash: :bash: :smash: :smash:

I just can not catch a break bow hunting. I sat there a while, till my buddy was done hunting. Then we took the afternoon to work on checking straps on stands and checking roads and trails, first time we have been on the property since late summer.

Needless to say I can by Bass Pro on the way home and bought a new release.
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Re: November

Postby LadyHunter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:16 am

Nov 2

Did not get to hunt morning, but hunted afternoon. Dallas came and went with me. He took the south creek stand and I went to the North. It was hot, did not see anything. He saw one hog to far to shoot with his bow.
To Old to Grow up Now!
2014/2015 Team 4

LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 am

Nov 3, did not hunt, Scott took Ben in the morning, and Jerry took Brandon, they did not see anything. Afternoon, Douglas took Ben and Jerry and Brandon went back, but once again no luck. It was just to hot. Bailey did not want to go. She said she wanted to see the deer but not shoot them... bless her she just does not like to hunt!
To Old to Grow up Now!
2014/2015 Team 4

LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 am

Monday (5th) I went to the stand early, but it went to raining before I had been in there long. Thunder and lightening a metal ladder stands are not a good combination. So I decided to head out, got wet hiking to the truck.

Tuesday, I didnt get to hunt.
To Old to Grow up Now!
2014/2015 Team 4

LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 am

Wednesday I was going to be late going hunting so I decided to hunt the farm stand. The deer I am seeing there are generally further than I am comfortable with as a bow shot, so I took my 44. The wind was high. About 4:15 two does and a yearling came out of the woods behind the barn, and quickly crossed the fence into the food plot behind the trees. The larger doe and the yearling went to the bottom of the plot to the oak trees we have planted and began to eat acorns. The smaller doe fed into the plot along the tree line. One shot and she was down. I say smaller, she weighed about 120 lbs. Hunter said if she was smaller he was glad I didn't shoot the bigger one!!
To Old to Grow up Now!
2014/2015 Team 4

LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 am

Thursday (8) we had to go to a meeting with the lawyer so we were late getting home to go hunt. Hunter wanted to go to the big club we are members of so we grabbed out guns and went. I don't really bow hunt there much. We took stand they we have that are close, mine is a ladder and his is a box. Green grass in both plots. Late I had a smaller doe come in, I watched her fed and debated it. I kept giving her a pass hoping Hunter was seeing something and would shot. She left the plot then came back, and since it was getting late, I decided to take her. One shot, and she was down. So doe #2.
To Old to Grow up Now!
2014/2015 Team 4

LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 am

Saturday Nov 10, hunted main club afternoon, didnt see anything

Sunday Nov 11, no morning hunt because of Church, hunted late afternoon, didn't see anything.

Monday Nov 12, hunted the south Creek stand at Deep Creek. Saw 2 does and 2 yearlings right at dark, passed on them. Its just nice to see them. Watched some coons make their way down trees and to the creek to feed. I wish I had my camera.

Tuesday Nov 13, Got Doug to go to Deep Creek and get in his shooting house. I went to the South creek stand, the two stands are across the deep ditch and divided by a stand of pines. Mine is in thick hard woods. Was a nice afternoon. Before long I saw the two does and their yearlings come into sight, further down from normal and in real thick brush. I knew they would pass into the pines and head toward his food plot, so I didn't even attempt to shoot. They did exactly as I predicted, and before last light I heard him shoot.
I went ahead and got down and started to walk out to my truck so I could drive to him.
He killed a doe, first deer with his 44 since the Drs took his high power rifles away from him. And his first deer still hunting from a shooting house!
To Old to Grow up Now!
2014/2015 Team 4

LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:46 am

Been hunting most everyday, but not seeing a lot.
Nov 21, I checked my cam and I have mostly hog pics again on the north stand. I have got to find a way to thin them, mostly they are moving late at night.

Made on hunt in Madison this week, nothing. Did see fresh scrapes, so hopefully will begin to see movement
To Old to Grow up Now!
2014/2015 Team 4

LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Return to LadyHunters Journal