• Advertisement

Two New Rifles for Roebuck.

Discussion pertaining to Firearms & Ammo.

Two New Rifles for Roebuck.

Postby Roebuck » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:54 am

Next rifle is a 7mm 08, without a doubt but there was a couple more itches to scratch before I get the 7mm 08.

I have recently purchased a rifle in a calibre that I have been thinking about for years. It is a Sako Model 75, in 22-250. I was lucky enough to come upon a second hand rifle, that had seen very little use and was already screw cut to take a Reflex T4 Moderator. It is in stainless steel with a synthetic stock. I paid the equivalent of $1170 for it, for which price, you’d probably get a new one in the U.S. I took it along to my local riflesmith, who worked me up a load for it. I put a Hakko 3-12 x 50 scope on it, on Sako Opti Mounts. Hakko is a Japanese Scope, probably made by one of the bigger scope houses. At $400 over here, it cannot be better than middle range and certainly not up to the clarity of the Swarovskis that I’d prefer. However, one has to cut one’s suit to suit one’s cloth. I need to save for the Swarovski.

This is it.

I also sold off my Tikka, in .243 and replaced it with a Sauer Outback, same as my 25-06. The Sauer is a lovely piece of kit. Mike, the riflesmith, worked me up a 100gn load for that. I need a 100gn load to be legal for red deer. Mike does not like 100gn bullets in a .243, he says that they are difficult to get shooting well.

Here it is.

However, you can see from the test targets here that they shoot well enough.

The 22-250 is shooting an average of 0.383” centre to centre, over four, three shot groups, the best one being 0.236”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/ ... arget2.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/ ... target.bmp

The .243 can shoot a three shot group at 0.471 centre to centre.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/ ... arget2.bmp

Sadly, that is what the rifles can do in the hands of a former Marine Sniper, not necessarily in mine. However, it does give one tremendous confidence in the equipment and if it fails, I’ll certainly know to look no further than the Mirror!! :lol:

I can't seem to get the target pictures up. They are bmp files on photobucket. The links work though. Can anyone help??
Roebuck.
Roebuck
6 Point

Postby gtk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:41 am

I dont understand why the bmp's will not pull up. There is nothing in the forum configuration that restricts "bmp's" .

Good looking gun by the way. A person can never have too many guns.
gtk
Admin

Postby ufgators68 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:43 am

gtk wrote:I dont understand why the bmp's will not pull up. There is nothing in the forum configuration that restricts "bmp's" .

Good looking gun by the way. A person can never have too many guns.

I've never been able to get a .bmp file to post on a forum. You can open them in pic software and save them as a .jpg or .gif and they'll work fine though.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:10 am

thx Reb. I was hoping it wasnt the forum software .
gtk
Admin

Return to Guns & Ammo