• Advertisement

November 2?, Wednesday

November 2?, Wednesday

Postby flipper » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Got off work early and hurried home and changed into camo. Walked to lease, but heard my husband's chainsaw, so I went a different direction, across the creek at the "cattle crossing" and on to the back bean field. I figured I would get into my new "north stand" and walked on down to the creek and crossed back over to the stand. It was a gorgeous afternoon, cool and crisp. I settled in and enjoyed the woods to the max. I saw some deer, all does/yearlings, about 4 in all. Then I heard some splashing in the creek. It was loud and close. I could envision a huge buck. Never saw the source of the noise, but I did see some turkeys shortly thereafter. They flew up to the trees to roost. More doe sightings and then some running in the brush nearby with some grunting heard, but I never saw antlers. The does came right up to my stand and never spooked, but no bucks were ever seen. I loved the afternoon...............
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: November 2?, Wednesday

Postby patinlouisiana » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Sound like a great evening!
I sure wish my hunt was less than 2 and a half hours away.
2017-2018 member Team 4
.257 Weatherby Magnum W/4x16 X 50 Nikon Monarch
T/C Encore 35 Whelen W/Leupold VX-I 3-9 x 50
S&W M&P 15 Sport II 5.56
Ruger Blackhawk 357 Mag W/Millet Red Dot
Canon PowerShot SX40HS
patinlouisiana
Pope&Young

Re: November 2?, Wednesday

Postby LadyHunter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:05 am

don't you just love being able to hunt from the house and on your own property. I love those afternoons when I just walk past the barn and into the woods. Now if I could just convince the horses that they really don't need to come see where I am going... My lease is only about 2 miles form the house also.
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

November 2?, Wednesday

Postby flipper » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Yeah, I know I'm lucky as pie to live right where I hunt. We used to hunt Delta National and Panther Swamp years ago. It was scary with so many other hunters around. Then we joined a camp that ran dogs. That was fun and it was great having all this scrumptious food ready to eat when we came back to the camp house from the afternoon still hunt. Those black ladies would have a huge pan of barbecue venison, one of smothered venison, and one of crispy fried venison, and all of it pounded fork tender. The sides were greens, rice or potatoes (or both), field peas, and the best cornbread. All you could eat. As good as that was, I still prefer our current set up......hunting at home, me cooking, and a good fire in the fireplace to enjoy football on TV. Life is good.
Lady Hunter, you must feed your horses better than I do. Mine just look at me and go back to grazing. I think they've figured out that gun I tote doesn't have feed in it.
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Return to Flippers Journal