• Advertisement

Tips needed

Outdoor related gear talk

Tips needed

Postby deepwaterwolf » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:53 am

I come up on a good deal on a M1 lock on with the 20' strap on ladder stick. I have never used a lock on. I was hoping for some tips before I attempt to put it up. I am right handed so I am thinking the ladder needs to be on the the right side of how the stand will face for easy access. Not sure though
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. Psalm 42:1
deepwaterwolf
8 Point

Re: Tips needed

Postby bobdc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:31 am

I use a lock on also, and I'm right handed. I always instinctively place the stand to the left of the ladder (my left when facing the tree). so the ladder is on my left when sitting in the stand, and my bow hangs on my right, away from the ladder. it seems to make it easier since I hold my harness, or the tree, with my right while stepping onto the stand, (and while hanging the stand also). just get alot of practice and see what feels comfortable.

bobdc
4 Point

Re: Tips needed

Postby lugnutzz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:41 am

with the m1 lock on having the reciever bracket, its pretty easy. with other that you hang the stand directly on the tree i use a pulley and small rope. i climb up the ladder with my linemans belt strapping the ladder as i go up. get tothe top and tie off the pulley. then pulled the stand up and tie off the rope to hold it while i get the chain and strap the stand on. gives you both hands free.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

~LugNutzZ

2012-13 Team 5
2013-14 Team 6 - "IronWood"
2014-15 Team 1 - The Mafia" - winner
2015-16 Team 3 - Triple Threat
lugnutzz
Boone&Crockett

Return to Gear