• Advertisement

Dang woodpeckers

Food Plot info/questions, Herd Management, QDMA ...

Dang woodpeckers

Postby huntall » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:17 am

I was checking my plots and noticed something bouncing around in the pear trees working on the pears. I walked a little closer and one of those huge woodpeckers flew off. Turns out a lot of the pears was just pecked on and very little eaten just to fall off the tree and it would start on another pear.

I had already noticed that the only pear tree that had pears on it behind the camp house had the same kind of damage. That evening I keep seeing the same kind of huge woodpecker in the pear tree behind the house knocking out the pears with little spots pecked out of them.

Most of my pear trees did not make any pears this year, but the trees that did make looks like those dang woodpeckers are going to ruin. I have never heard of that. I know I have had squirrels get in my pears and maybe possums and coon , but yall ever heard of the big woodpeckers doing damage.
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Re: Dang woodpeckers

Postby gtk » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:52 pm

I thought woodpeckers pecked wood.

How much pear could a woodpecker peck if a would pecker could puck pear just doesn't sound right :)
gtk
Admin

Re: Dang woodpeckers

Postby huntall » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:33 pm

I think you got the wrong saying :stir: ! :rotflol: woodchuck not woodpecker :rotflol:
Gtk...that was a good one.

I still can't figure out why it was in the pears and I have never seen them do it before now.
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Return to Wildlife Habitat