• Advertisement

The next year - Fall of 2013

The next year - Fall of 2013

Postby flipper » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:10 am

Fall is officially here and it came in with some much needed rain. We typically don't do food plots, but I am going to throw out some rye grass in some open areas in the hog farm woods and see if it will come up. I will do that today since rain is in the forecast again tomorrow. It turned cool after the last rain and the mornings really make me want deer season to hurry up and get here. I have 5 cameras out with Trophy Rocks in front of them. I went to move one yesterday. There was a great picture of a gobbler and also a small 6 point. Hopefully, where I moved it to will result in the capture of some bigger buck pics. I'm trying to stay away from the other cameras for as long as possible. I love checking those things!
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: The next year - Fall of 2013

Postby flipper » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:01 pm

I've done a good bit of scouting while checking cameras. I've gotten lots of doe/fawn pics and a few bucks. One was really nice, but still one that I'd like to wait on. I just know there are some hosses out there. I found a line of scrapes in a small open bottom a week ago. I checked a camera today when I went to put cushions in a tripod and found absolutely no pics on it. That's twice that has happened with my Primos cameras. Not happy at all about that. Still, it doesn't really matter what's on the camera. It's what walks in front of you when you're hunting!
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: The next year - Fall of 2013

Postby terry08 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:43 pm

flipper wrote:I've done a good bit of scouting while checking cameras. I've gotten lots of doe/fawn pics and a few bucks. One was really nice, but still one that I'd like to wait on. I just know there are some hosses out there. I found a line of scrapes in a small open bottom a week ago. I checked a camera today when I went to put cushions in a tripod and found absolutely no pics on it. That's twice that has happened with my Primos cameras. Not happy at all about that. Still, it doesn't really matter what's on the camera. It's what walks in front of you when you're hunting!
mine were garbage. Never Primos again. :evil:

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Return to Flippers Journal