• Advertisement

South Delta meat hunt

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

South Delta meat hunt

Postby vahunterinms » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Jr, Jughead and I met up with Garner in Angula,MS Thursday night for a fun filled weekend hunt. Friday morning we met up with some others for a hunt in Twin Oaks. Due to the big group and a few dogs we decided to hunt in separate groups. Brindles vs Yellar Dawgs! LOL. Friday morning was cold!!! Garners group got into some ice and high water but managed to knock out a couple squirrels to the dogs. We hunted on some dry ground and found out that the Hogs were in there too!!! Petey and Jack ran up on a group of hogs that had some piglets in it. One of the dogs caught one of them and that joker squeeled and momma pig came running and hit one of the dogs hard enough to make'em yelp. Jr and Jughead went running in as fast as they could as I was close behind. I managed to call the dogs off before it got really ugly. We checked the dogs out for any injuries. There were none so we sent them on. Dogs made a few trees but no squirrels but they did manage to catch a coon on the ground which we thought they were in another pig fight.. lol

Friday evening we all hunted together and had a much better hunt!! We managed to get 15 squiirels down. This was a fast paced hunt with dogs split treeing every where! Awesome!

Friday night we coon hunted Garners Crockett dog and Petey. Both dogs done an awesome job!! We knocked down 3 coons, pulled out 2 grinners out of there dens and laughed all night. This was one of the best coon hunts I been on in awhile.. A young man hunting with us Cody Goodman killed his first coon this night and got his first coon toothpick.. LOL

Saturday morning we all met up for breakfast and decided to solo hunt pups. Garner and crew went to Twin Oks while we went south to Mahanna. Garners group managed to get 8 squirrels that afternoon while we managed 6 hunting Petey.

Saturday evening we met up with a local for a coon hunt in Delta National. We hunted Brandon's Walker Blackie dog and Petey. Right out of the gate Brandon's Walker struck a track and Petey was working his own. Blackie fell treed then petey started barking then it was on!! He caught another coon on the ground in the swamp and the fight was on!! The coon got away from Petey and the chase was on until the coon finally went up a tree. While trying to get to petey I fell in that cold arse water!!! That water was cold!! lol We tried to get to petey but wasn't able to so I called him off. I sent petey on and again he was working another track and was treed in no time.. This time we were able to make it to his tree and found his coon. after another short round and after all the excitement of be being wet we called it the night.

Every trip to the Delta has proved to be better than the last. We hunted hard, laughed, I cried, and we laughed some more.. LOL

For you guys who have never hunted in group hunts like this or like the one coming up in a couple of weeks y'all need to go!! You will have a fine time, doesn't matter if it's in the Delta, Arkansas, or anywhere else it is a blast with good friends!!!

Here are a few picks of the hunt..

Cody Goodman
Home of Double A's Pistol Pete
UMCA Nite Champion
UMCA Squirrel Champion
UMCA Grand Bench Champion
UMCA Grand Tree Champion
UMCA 2012 Mississippi State Squirrel hunt 4th Place
UMCA 2013 World Reserve Night Champion
UMCA 2013 World Bench Champion
vahunterinms
10 Point

Re: South Delta meat hunt

Postby gtk » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:03 am

Looks like an awesome hunt.. Looking forward to our next hunt..

Glad the pig's didn't get the best of the dogs.. That could have turned out ugly quick !
gtk
Admin

Postby BIGERN76 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:34 am

Sounds like fun!
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby vahunterinms » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Our delta hunts are a blast!!! It's non stop hunting day and night and a ton of laughs..

Ohh the fireball was killed thursday night when we got in.. lol. There no time to drink heck we barely had time to eat. Thank goodness for potted meat!! Lol
UMCA Nite Champion
UMCA Squirrel Champion
UMCA Grand Tree Champion
vahunterinms
10 Point

Postby vahunterinms » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:23 am

GTK, just let me know when your ready..

After deer season anyone who wants to go on a squirrel hunt let me know...
UMCA Nite Champion
UMCA Squirrel Champion
UMCA Grand Tree Champion
vahunterinms
10 Point

Postby huntall » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:38 pm