• Advertisement

Winchester sx3???

Discussion pertaining to Firearms & Ammo.

Winchester sx3???

Postby chadbragg » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:10 am

Anyone have one or know anyone that does? I sold my benelli sbe because of performance issues. I have pretty much made my mind up to get the SX3, I went and shot my buddy's yesterday and like the feel. Just curious for some owner feedback.
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Re: Winchester sx3???

Postby BIGERN76 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:07 am

I haven't shot one but everything I have read about them was good. I can't walk past one in the store without looking at it. They are very pretty guns and I can't imagine them not performing up to anyone's standards. JMO
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby RoadRanger » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:30 pm

My buddy got one a while back and he loves it. He has shot tons of rounds thru it and never a hick up on performance. He enjoys skeet shooting and a little duck hunting on the side. Now that being said he now has a benelli ( not sure the model ) and he prefers it after owning it for the last year or so. Ford vs Chevy type deal I guess
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby stickers » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Dang man. Did you have problems with that SBE you got from me ? What were the problems? I never had any with it even with light loads.

The SX3 is a good gun. I have a Browning Silver which is basically the same. But any gas auto can have problems at one time or another.
stickers
10 Point

Postby chadbragg » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Yeah it didn't like cold weather. 2 mornings duck hunting it didn't want to work right. I traded for a nova and cash.

I found a deal on the sx3 but they were sold out. So now I'm gonna wait til grass is growing and get one. Still between the sx3, maxus, and new a5. I like the feel of the a5 best of all but it uses pretty much the same system as the benelli.
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby stickers » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:19 am

chadbragg wrote:Yeah it didn't like cold weather. 2 mornings duck hunting it didn't want to work right. I traded for a nova and cash.

I found a deal on the sx3 but they were sold out. So now I'm gonna wait til grass is growing and get one. Still between the sx3, maxus, and new a5. I like the feel of the a5 best of all but it uses pretty much the same system as the benelli.

I hate to hear that. I guess the whole time I had it we never really had a "winter" and never got super cold. But I never had any cycling problems with it ever. Even with light loads. The new A5 is an awesome gun though.
stickers
10 Point

Postby tcfscharles » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:13 am

sold a couple of them to a friend of for his boys at christmas. one worked fine but the other one broke the disconnector and trigger spring on the sixth shot.
tcfscharles
Spike

Postby chadbragg » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:53 pm

I picked up my sx3 today and all I gotta say is wow! It shoots awesome. Even spit out about half box of 7/8oz Wally World specials without a hiccup!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:03 am

Congratulations, on the purchase.

With a 36 inch barrel, the Marlin, never let you down.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Have a Stevens almost identical to that terry. Mine has a 30" I think.
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Return to Guns & Ammo