• Advertisement

2014 YPI Squirrel Hunt - South Delta

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

2014 YPI Squirrel Hunt - South Delta

Postby rcbain » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:18 am

The participation was low at our location, but we had 5 casts so most of the kids got one-on-one attention, and all of them got to do plenty of shooting (Sgt. Tullos only had 1 shotgun shell left when we put Tap on the leash). Lots of den trees, of course, and we let two get away. Preston was pumped about the 5 he killed, and would not quit telling his Dad about how they needed to get a squirrel dog!

Sgt. Tullos, Preston, and Allen (huntall)
Image
Carl Bain
601-937-0010
carl.bain86@gmail.com
User avatar
rcbain
Spike
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Brandon, MS

Re: 2014 YPI Squirrel Hunt - South Delta

Postby huntall » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:09 pm

We had a great time! I think he must have told half the people at church this morning about his squirrel hunt.lol He is still pumped about the hunt, and it was great to see Tap work!
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 3073
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: BRANDON

Re: 2014 YPI Squirrel Hunt - South Delta

Postby huntall » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Almost forgot we also found a one dollar bill, a five dollar bill, and another five dollar bill in the woods. The money was in three different spots in the woods. That was weird!

Also saw some flying squirrels.
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 3073
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: BRANDON

Re: 2014 YPI Squirrel Hunt - South Delta

Postby rcbain » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:44 pm

huntall wrote:Almost forgot we also found a one dollar bill, a five dollar bill, and another five dollar bill in the woods. The money was in three different spots in the woods. That was weird!

Also saw some flying squirrels.

Yeah that was weird. Preston tried to beat me up over that last five I found on the trail... ;)
Carl Bain
601-937-0010
carl.bain86@gmail.com
User avatar
rcbain
Spike
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Brandon, MS

Re: 2014 YPI Squirrel Hunt - South Delta

Postby RoadRanger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Any ideas how the money got there??
User avatar
RoadRanger
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:52 am
Location: Florence MS

Re: 2014 YPI Squirrel Hunt - South Delta

Postby gtk » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:28 am

Sounds like an overall successful hunt ! Weird on finding money in the woods :)
User avatar
gtk
Admin
 
Posts: 19140
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: Olive Branch, MS

Re: 2014 YPI Squirrel Hunt - South Delta

Postby rcbain » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:04 pm

gtk wrote:Sounds like an overall successful hunt ! Weird on finding money in the woods :)

It was, indeed! Definitely one of the weirdest things I've encountered in the woods. There was also a camo tote bag for one of those folding chairs (but it was much closer to the road)
Carl Bain
601-937-0010
carl.bain86@gmail.com
User avatar
rcbain
Spike
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Brandon, MS

Re: 2014 YPI Squirrel Hunt - South Delta

Postby huntall » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:10 pm

rcbain wrote:
gtk wrote:Sounds like an overall successful hunt ! Weird on finding money in the woods :)

It was, indeed! Definitely one of the weirdest things I've encountered in the woods. There was also a camo tote bag for one of those folding chairs (but it was much closer to the road)

Maybe we should have looked in the bag......it might have been full of money! :D :stir:
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 3073
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: BRANDON


Return to Small Game & Varmits

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron