• Advertisement

Buck story

Lets Talk Archery..

Buck story

Postby Jhlawson80 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:23 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413817323.293002.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413817295.743292.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413817272.594322.jpg

Ok lady hunter said I should tell the story about this buck. It is a interesting one. I picked up a 160 acre lease in tippah county back in July. Put feed out and trail cameras and this was the buck we saw on both trail cameras. We knew he was in the area. I set up a stand for my wife to hunt him in a spot were we had him walking by nearly everyday. I told my wife I wouldn't shoot the deer to see if she could get a shot at him. We hunted him for a few weeks and never saw him. After work picking up for the both of us we are only able to hunt on Sunday's if my my mom will watch our daughter so A few days ago I told my wife that if he or another bucks walks out in front of me I was gonna shoot. The neighboring properties hunt some and I figured if me or her didn't shoot him somebody else would. At the time she said ok. At the time till I shot the deer. Lol we have several legal bucks on camera and a new decent 7 point with messed up tines that showed up about a week ago. Anyway we finally got a north wind to hunt the stands we were excited about hunting. We get in there early and I was playing on my phone and not paying attention at 730 and looked up and he was standing 25 yards in front of me on the edge of the food plot looking right at me. I froze and my heart started beating out of my chest it felt like. We stared at each other for literally ten minutes he was raising his nose trying to get my wind. He picked his foot up and stomped a few times and I thought he was about to bolt. Then a bird flew into the food plot and got his attention. He turned broadside and walked about five yards to the very edge of the plot watching the bird. That gave me enough time to grab my bow, stand, and draw. I guessed him at 30 yards and the shot was perfect. Right behind the shoulder. I gave him about 2.5 hours for the fact my wife was still hunting and I didn't want to mess up her hunt. I texted my wife and said I shot a 8 point. Her reaction was I hate you. Lol I will show the text later. She ended up having some deer around her stand but couldn't get a shot. A little after 9 she said the deer she was watching was long gone. So I got down and went and got her. As we were walking back to the plot I was sitting in 2 does were 40 yards from my stand feeding in the plot. We sat down and let them walk off the plot and then went to trail the buck. He ran 75 yards and piled up. She gave me a hug and a kiss and said congrats and that she still loves me. Lol but I still slept with one eye open last night just to make sure. I promised her she would get a chance at a buck this year as there are several more in the area and a lot of season left.
Jhlawson80
4 Point

Re: Buck story

Postby Jhlawson80 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:27 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413818729.360069.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413818716.176247.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413818696.692624.jpg

Here is the picture of him late this summer in velvet and the shot I made on him. Also the text my wife sent me after I told her I shot a 8 point. She later told me she wasn't mad just jealous. Lol
Jhlawson80
4 Point

Postby Jhlawson80 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:34 am

Got to give credit to chadbragg as well. We carried our tractors out there and he helped me get the plots disced up. I owe him a few deer for sure. The rut should be good out there. With some work on plots and stands and a little luck there should be a few more decent deer smacked out there this year.
Jhlawson80
4 Point

Postby jv » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:50 am

Great story on a good kill....looks like you did make a perfect shot on him. Now it's time for your wife to get one, good luck to her. Oh and rest assure you can sleep with both eyes closed.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby dustygoodson » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:27 am

love the story congrats
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:51 am

:2TU: :D
Great story!! I think most of us have been guilty of being distracted and not paying attention and having a good one come in on us. It will make your heart beat so fast. I love the text from your wife, I am afraid I would have said the same thing. Congratulations!!
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby Jhlawson80 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:43 am

I ask her last night if she was really mad and she said no she was just jealous. Lol she will get one this year. She has killed two does with a bow and another doe with a gun so she is comfortable shooting. She won't take risky shots which is a good thing. I really wished it would have walked out on her but I did ask her if she wanted to sit in the stand I sat in that morning and she wanted to go to her stand. She said last night I should have went to your stand. Lol I have no doubt in my mind she will kill 2 or 3 this year and hopefully a good buck.
Jhlawson80
4 Point

Postby JPHunting » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Great stuff mate congrats

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JPHunting
button buck

Postby glenn » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:43 am

Finally an honest hunter. Your wife actually said what most of us think when someone else kills a good deer. No matter how proud I am for some people when they kill a good deer, I'm still jealous.
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:25 am

Great story, and wishing your wife the best of luck. Would be great to see her out do you.
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby Jhlawson80 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks
Jhlawson80
4 Point

Return to Archery