• Advertisement

Duck Breast Skin On

Share your favorite recipes and discuss new recipes !

Moderator: terry08

• Advertisement

Duck Breast Skin On

Postby gtk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Went next door to take nephew #3 his birthday card , and he was cleaning a bunch of ducks. So I had him clean me 3 and had him leave the skin on the breast.

Came home patted them dry & took a lighter & burned the remaining feathers/down off.

Salt & peppered them , dash of olive oil, then into a hot cast iron skillet. 4 minutes on skin side plus another minute or so on other side.

Took it off heat & let it rest a few mins, then sliced thinly. I swear it was the best wild game I have had in a long long time.

Sometimes simple is best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gtk
Admin

Re: Duck Breast Skin On

Postby jv » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Back when I duck hunted a lot I used to cook it something like that but the best way I liked duck was to put it a crock pot and cook it till it fell all to pieces and the drain and remove all the bones and then pour BBQ sauces over it and let it cook for a while then eat it as a BBQ sandwich.
Duck also makes the best dressing.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby dustygoodson » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:10 pm

bet that was good
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby sidog » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:13 pm

My Mom always wanted us to pick all the ducks we killed. She would bake them with garlic and onions and other seasonings and then pick all the meat off the bones and make dirty rice with just the meat. I always thought that we should be able to just breast the ducks but she says that the skin and bones is what gives it the flavor? She was litterally born on the bayou!
sidog
Non-Typical

Postby flipper » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:01 am

When I was little, my dad would go duck hunting in Stuttgart, AR. There was a black man up there who took their ducks, cleaned them, stuffed them, and smoked them and sent them home with the hunters individually wrapped in these foil bags. My mom and dad would only serve them to special company. When the guests went home, I would go pick the little bit of meat left on the carcass. My goodness that was so good! Bones do make a difference....in duck, fish, most everything.
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:05 am

flipper wrote:When I was little, my dad would go duck hunting in Stuttgart, AR. There was a black man up there who took their ducks, cleaned them, stuffed them, and smoked them and sent them home with the hunters individually wrapped in these foil bags. My mom and dad would only serve them to special company. When the guests went home, I would go pick the little bit of meat left on the carcass. My goodness that was so good! Bones do make a difference....in duck, fish, most everything.

Great Memories. ..
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Return to Recipe Discussion