• Advertisement

--New Member Intro --

Tell us about yourself, your website, and if you have something to sell, your product.

Re: --New Member Intro --

Postby gtk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:17 am

welcome bigjohn... how did you end up in leland from memphis? i'm guessing either farming or catfish ? :)
gtk
Admin

Postby bigjohn » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:11 pm

long story but i'll try to make it short. moved from memphis to marks ms with parents when i was 11. father got killed in auto accd. when i was 12. grad. high in marks ms. moved to cleveland ms in '76. went to dsu. moved to flora ms, there for bout 3 yrs. back in this area since bout '80. worked mostly in ag. related jobs. i've worked on a lot of many diff. things. you know, people ask me many diff. ques. about darn near everything. but there is a lot i don't know too. i'm far from a know it all.. lol!!!
bigjohn
Pope&Young

Postby Southernbowhunter » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:15 pm

:welcome: Wlcome to the site bigjohn!!!
Get'em close and double-lung'em!!!
Support your troops!!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
--George Orwell--
Southernbowhunter
10 Point

Location: Paktiya province Afghanistan currently. Stationed at Fort Richardson, Alaska

Postby bigjohn » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:20 pm

sbh, thanks. and thank you and all other men and women for their service to our country!!!!!
bigjohn
Pope&Young

Postby jalbrsn » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:16 pm

:welcome: bigjohn
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:22 pm

:welcome: bigjohn
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby nsutton » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:00 am

bigjohn wrote:long story but i'll try to make it short. moved from memphis to marks ms with parents when i was 11. father got killed in auto accd. when i was 12. grad. high in marks ms. moved to cleveland ms in '76. went to dsu. moved to flora ms, there for bout 3 yrs. back in this area since bout '80. worked mostly in ag. related jobs. i've worked on a lot of many diff. things. you know, people ask me many diff. ques. about darn near everything. but there is a lot i don't know too. i'm far from a know it all.. lol!!!

Hey bigjohn,

I also went to DSU, but didn't get there until 1980. :ylsuper:
nsutton
10 Point

Postby gtk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:03 am

nsutton wrote:Hey bigjohn,

I got there in the fall of 1987, stayed till 1991 :W:

bwm went there also..
gtk
Admin

Postby nsutton » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:30 am

gtk wrote:
nsutton wrote:Hey bigjohn,

I got there in the fall of 1987, stayed till 1991 :W:

bwm went there also..

I finished in 1983. My younger brother was there til about 1987 or so.
nsutton
10 Point

Postby phesterbuck » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Hello my name is Jimmy Hester i am 31 years old and i live in Southaven ,Ms i have lived here all my life I am happily married to a wonderful woman and have two beautiful kids daughter is ten and son is 6. I love to hunt and fish as much as possible. :2TU:
phesterbuck
6 Point

Postby nsutton » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:15 am

Welcome Phesterbuck! :welcome:
nsutton
10 Point

Postby nubbs » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:41 am

My Name is Scott Brazil I'm 30 yrs old, lived in Southaven all my life. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 9 yrs. We have a 5 yr old son. I've been hunting now for about 4 or 5 yrs. grew up bass fishing but now I'm really hooked on deer hunting. I'm an Assistant Golf Professional in the Tunica area which is where I'm fortunate to be able to hunt as well. I enjoy church, golf, hunting, fishing, and OLE MISS football :ylsuper:
Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby gtk » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:53 am

welcome all.. looks like more & more Desoto county folks joining up :)
gtk
Admin

Postby leepurvis » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:24 pm

nubbs wrote:My Name is Scott Brazil I'm 30 yrs old, lived in Southaven all my life. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 9 yrs. We have a 5 yr old son. I've been hunting now for about 4 or 5 yrs. grew up bass fishing but now I'm really hooked on deer hunting. I'm an Assistant Golf Professional in the Tunica area which is where I'm fortunate to be able to hunt as well. I enjoy church, golf, hunting, fishing, and OLE MISS football :ylsuper:

Nubbs, I liked everything you said up until those last 3 words. Guess it has something to do with being a STATE fan. :shock:

Welcome to the site, sorry I couldn't resist a little ribbin'!
Lee

"Dear Life, when I said "Can my day get any worse?" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge"- Will Ferrell

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” Thomas Paine
leepurvis
Pope&Young

Postby capthinds » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Hey, My name is Chuck Hinds, 41, live in Corinth, MS. I was born in Holly Springs and lived there until I was 12. Dad was a Trooper and we transfered to Corinth in '78. Grad of Corinth High '84 then attended the University of Uncle Sam, US Army 4yrs. Been in Law Enforcement for the last 20 years. I have a beautiful (understanding) wife, daughter-16, step-son - 26, step-daughter - 25, step-grandson -3. I have a passion for Bowhunting (my best bucks), enjoy the rifle (not so good bucks). I'm Director of American Legion Riders, Corinth Chapter, so if any of you enjoy motorcycles, give me a shout and "Let's Ride" (at least until October)!
capthinds
button buck

Postby Southernbowhunter » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:07 am

:welcome: Welcome capt, I am currently attending the same universty going on my 7th year and my 3rd trip to class in Iraq. Welcome to the site.
Get'em close and double-lung'em!!!
Support your troops!!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
--George Orwell--
Southernbowhunter
10 Point

Location: Paktiya province Afghanistan currently. Stationed at Fort Richardson, Alaska

Postby gtk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:14 am

Welcome capt! my dad was a crime scene investigator in Memphis for over 20 years.

Me & my son will be up your way in April, camping at Shiloh with the boy scouts..
gtk
Admin

Postby BIGROB » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:58 am

nubbs wrote:My Name is Scott Brazil I'm 30 yrs old, lived in Southaven all my life. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 9 yrs. We have a 5 yr old son. I've been hunting now for about 4 or 5 yrs. grew up bass fishing but now I'm really hooked on deer hunting. I'm an Assistant Golf Professional in the Tunica area which is where I'm fortunate to be able to hunt as well. I enjoy church, golf, hunting, fishing, and OLE MISS football :ylsuper:

Welcome Nubbs. HOTTY TOTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BIGROB
4 Point

Postby merrillcd_mem » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:21 am

yeah welcome nubbs.... ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!! :)
merrillcd_mem
Boone&Crockett

Postby nubbs » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:31 am

Looks like we have some SEC football fans maybe we can start a football forum for the fall :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby mikybigbuck » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:03 pm

i'm real new to the sight, and didn't realize we had this...i read through it, and we seem to have a great group of outdoorsman on this sight...my name is mike brown..i am 43, and have lived in the southaven area my whole life. mississippi is the only place i hunt. i've tried colorado and texas, but love home. i currently hunt south of oxford, and in claiborne county on the big black river. i own an outdoor construction/ ground maintenance company, and with the bad weather in winter, have a lot of spare time to be in the woods. it cuts into my turkey hunting and fishing, but deer are my big passion. i really look forward to interacting with all of you, in the future. keep those stories and pictures coming ..i really enjoy it
Looking for Mr Big
mikybigbuck
Non-Typical

Postby Mercboy175 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:01 pm

leepurvis wrote:Nubbs, I liked everything you said up until those last 3 words. Guess it has something to do with being a STATE fan. :shock:

Welcome to the site, sorry I couldn't resist a little ribbin'!
Go figure, I agree with you Lee and he is my little bro. GO DAWGS!! My name is Jeff Brazil 34 yr old. Lived in Southaven all my life and also married my high school sweetheart. I have 2 kids, son is 16 and my duaghter is 6. Love to bass fish and deer hunt. Also love hot rod bassboats. I like workin on em too. Ain't nothin like spendin all your money and time tryin to get 1 more mile an hour out of a bassboat. :D Pretty much bass fish year round and sqeeze in a lil deer huntin from time to time.
Venture 180 Tournament Pro
Slightly modified 175 Merc
http://www.bassracer.com
Mercboy175
Spike

Postby mikybigbuck » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:49 pm

hey jeff, its great to have you on the sight...if you know alot about outboards, i've got a question...my little mercury is making a ticking sound between the powerhead and the lower unit..i tried to adjust the linkage adjustment at the cable and i couldn't get it right..what else could it be, and do you recommend any mechanics?? let me know..i'm ready to get to the lake..
Looking for Mr Big
mikybigbuck
Non-Typical

Postby gtk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:29 am

mikybigbuck,

MT on this forum is a Mercury mechanic, and owns "Southern Marine" here in Olive Branch..
gtk
Admin

Postby payton » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:18 pm

:welcome:
payton
button buck

PreviousNext

Return to Links, Products, & Introductions