• Advertisement

Campbell Timberlands

Got an opening in a club ? Looking for a club ? Know of a lease ? Put it here.

Campbell Timberlands

Postby PDHJISD111 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:13 pm

New to the site, but wanted to let you folks know I'm from Texas and been hunting Winston/Choctaw county for 35 years. Leased 4 blocks from Campbell and already had problems with some of the locals there and they gave another group an easement through the middle of one of our largest pieces. Campbell has operated in Texas for a while but seems to let the locals do whatever to keep them happy. I ask for the money back for this piece and suppose to get it back or so I was told. Campbell said things work different than they do in East TX. Go figure.
PDHJISD111
button buck

Re: Campbell Timberlands

Postby LadyHunter » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Welcome to master! Seems to be the year for lease problems.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby PDHJISD111 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 pm

I've enjoyed the years of hunting Choctaw WMA and Noxubee Refuge. Leased this to have a place to hunt when closed. Hunting with 3 locals I've known for years. Don't mind a confrontation but have one local at the end of the road that's shot someone already. Our lease and landowners association handles our problems and it's $15.00 a year dues. We have attorney's on staff and the fines usually start at $2500 and go up along with losing hunting rites for 5 years. That's the only way to get someone's attention when dealing with out of control rednecks.
PDHJISD111
button buck

Postby gtk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:15 am

welcome PDHJISD111 :welcome:

PDHJISD111 wrote:... Don't mind a confrontation but have one local at the end of the road that's shot someone already

is he not in jail for this ? :shock:
gtk
Admin

Postby LadyHunter » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:07 pm

gtk wrote:welcome PDHJISD111 :welcome:

PDHJISD111 wrote:... Don't mind a confrontation but have one local at the end of the road that's shot someone already

is he not in jail for this ? :shock:

Seriously! :shock: That is more than just a small lease problem, or something a landowners association can fix, that is illegal and something the local law enforcement needs to be involved in.
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby randywallace » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:28 pm

PDHJISD111 wrote: Our lease and landowners association handles our problems and it's $15.00 a year dues. We have attorney's on staff and the fines usually start at $2500 and go up along with losing hunting rites for 5 years. That's the only way to get someone's attention when dealing with out of control rednecks.

In all my years, that is something I have never heard of in these parts. Who issues these fines and what method do you have of enforcing them or the loss of hunting rights for 5 years?
randywallace
button buck

Postby glenn » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:00 pm

randywallace wrote:
PDHJISD111 wrote: Our lease and landowners association handles our problems and it's $15.00 a year dues. We have attorney's on staff and the fines usually start at $2500 and go up along with losing hunting rites for 5 years. That's the only way to get someone's attention when dealing with out of control rednecks.

In all my years, that is something I have never heard of in these parts. Who issues these fines and what method do you have of enforcing them or the loss of hunting rights for 5 years?

Randy, I was wondering about the same thing. I would think it would be difficult, if not impossible, for a neighbor's land owners association to fine, or sanction anyone in any way. The only possibilities I can see are if they could prove illegal activity, or if both parties were members of the same association and had signed a contract. I can't see an "out of control redneck" doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby PDHJISD111 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Campbell agreed to refund the money for this 1 block of land and remove it from the lease list. At least they acknowledged they were having problems and did me right. Hope things work themselves out.
PDHJISD111
button buck

Postby gtk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 am

Good deal PDHJISD111 ! Glad it worked out
gtk
Admin

Return to Clubs & Leases