• Advertisement

Reinstated

Lets Talk Archery..

Reinstated

Postby bigsteve » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:23 am

One of the members of the bow hunting group I was a part of at one time, came by yesterday and invited me to rejoin the association since I went back to the compound and wanted to make the trip to trustenholder with us

I declined the offer. I don't need friends like that. I always try to promote this sport I love and all aspects of deer hunting. just because I do not wish to hunt the way someone else does or harvest any legal animal I will not beat them up for the way they hunt

I will still Cary the crossbow as a back up any way I sent him packing and he won't be in camp with me

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Re: Reinstated

Postby jv » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:23 am

Good for you :2TU: we get enough talk from anti hunters to be criticizing each other for our weapon of choice.
Last edited by jv on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:25 am

that's how i feel.. as long as someone hunts ethically and legally it's all good.
gtk
Admin

Postby RoadRanger » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:27 am

Wish there were more hunters like you.
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby dustygoodson » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:30 am

:thumbsup:
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:00 pm

I have friends who dog hunt they invite
Me to come and hunt with them I never go but I don't criticize the way they choose to hunt and they in turn don't criticize my choices myself I choose to hunt mature deer last year I killed a 2 year old 6 pt a case of mistaken identity and was criticized by some for shooting what was a legal buck I don't think this is very ethical in a true hunters way of respecting each other I think a lot stems from jealousy I have been fortunate to have taken some true trophys over the past few years since 2010 i have taken 7 bucks between 140 and 170 but this is my choice there's nothing wrong with taking a 4pt or 6pt that meets legal criteria as hunters we need to remember why we hunt it's because we enjoy it when it becomes where we don't enjoy it and not hunt the way we want without criticizem we need some golf clubs

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby chadbragg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:48 pm

I agree Steve! I have had stands torn down, plots tore up, cams stolen, just because people are jealous. The way I hunt is different than most. I have passed a legal 6 pt 2x because I wasn't in the mood to shoot him, then on his 3rd attempt he wasn't so lucky. I say hunt the way you want to hunt and and enjoy the sport! Many people need to get back to their roots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:24 pm

I feel the same as most of you, if it's a legal deer then you have the right to take it and not feel guilty just because it does not measure up to others standards. I eat deer but have never carried for bone soup so I never try and cook them. I will be 65 in a couple of months so I figure I don't have that many years left to enjoy the sport that I love, so I will harvest any legal deer I want to and not feel guilty about it. With some of the health issues I have been having in the past few months I might not be able to hunt as much I want to but I do plan on enjoying it while I can and every chance I get.
Good luck to all of you and get out and enjoy what God created for us.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby brewer03 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:41 am

I have some close friends that dog hunt and I used to be a member of a club with them but after I retired from racing and was able to bowhunt again my perspective on deer hunting changed.. I wont criticize their method and they don't criticize my choice of hunting.. I believe all hunters need to stick together regardless of how an animal is taken...My methods of hunting have changed dramatically over the years,,, when I was younger I lived the brown and down life, now I am really selective on the bucks I take as well as does.. plus having a granddaughter that loves to hunt and that has changed some of my set ups so 2 of us can sit together.... good luck yawl
Triple Threat 2015- 2016

Serious Six 2014-2015

Rajun Sardis Bucks
2013-2014 deer hunting champs

life is great the oppurtunity to hunt and fish make it even better
brewer03
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:33 am

Like Bigsteve, Jv and many others. I grew up in a time when there were few deer in Mississippi. There wasn't even a season in Hinds, County or south of there. On average, I would go ten years at a time without harvesting a deer. Not until in my fifties did I began taking one or two, a year. But I have enjoyed every day I have hunted. In fact all those lean years seemed to be the most enjoyable in my hunting experiences. Just do it the way you enjoy and forget about the rest.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Return to Archery