• Advertisement

Trailcams

Trailcam pics, questions, and good links

Trailcams

Postby Slammer » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:27 am

My apologies if this is not posted in the right section, but what trail cams have y'all found to be the best quality without breaking the bank?
Slammer
button buck

Re: Trailcams

Postby gtk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:20 pm

i used to build my own, but I think the prices have come down so much that it is just as easy to buy..

i still own nothing but home made ones, so I can't offer any real advice.. I have heard lots of good things about moultrie's though...
gtk
Admin

Postby sidog » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:37 pm

I like Covert! I have some Moultrie too but i like the Covert better because of battery life.
sidog
Non-Typical

Postby patinlouisiana » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:14 pm

I have Bushnell cams. two inferred and 2 black out
They all take great videos.
I use the black outs to see who is stealing my newspaper ;-)
2017-2018 member Team 4
.257 Weatherby Magnum W/4x16 X 50 Nikon Monarch
T/C Encore 35 Whelen W/Leupold VX-I 3-9 x 50
S&W M&P 15 Sport II 5.56
Ruger Blackhawk 357 Mag W/Millet Red Dot
Canon PowerShot SX40HS
patinlouisiana
Pope&Young

Postby USAFdeerhunter » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:14 am

I have two bushnell as well. They take great photo's and video's. They are a little pricey as I paid $129 a piece for them, but they are light years ahead of the Moultrie that I had before on both quality and battery life.
USAFdeerhunter
4 Point

Trailcams

Postby redleg62 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:32 am

I have two huntens, one older moultrie, and a stealthcam. They all take pictures. The hunten was the cheapest, at around $85, the stealth's MSRP is around $160 but i got it for &60 in cabelas bargain cave. The moultrie is so old i dont rememer

Edited spycam to read stealthcam
Last edited by redleg62 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
redleg62
Spike

Postby Slammer » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:43 am

Thanks for the input. I have Primos, but the quality seems to have gone down somewhat since they sold. From what I've found, and what has been said here, it looks like Moultrie is the best bet. Thanks again!
Slammer
button buck

Postby chadbragg » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:53 pm

I really like spypoint. I have several of them pic quality, battery life, and trigger speed all seem great! And they are around $80-100. I also have some of the moultie m-880 they seem to be really good cams as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby dustygoodson » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:41 pm

moultie
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:39 am

The last 2 moultries I had went nuts. Both of them would take pictures almost non-stop. They took a picture every minute until the card was full. They didn't have a sensitivity adjustment on them either. They did fine for the first few months though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:32 am

First year that I have ever put any cameras out so I chose the Wildgame Innovations 6.0 MP infrared @ 59.99 just to see if I liked them...will see how they do in a few days when I check them again
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:20 pm

jv wrote:First year that I have ever put any cameras out so I chose the Wildgame Innovations 6.0 MP infrared @ 59.99 just to see if I liked them...will see how they do in a few days when I check them again

Jv, the cheap Wildgame, I bought last year was ok and still is. But by far my old Stealthcam, flash units were my best. I think it's a personal decision.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:44 pm

Terry, like I said this is the first time I ever used a deer cam and I wasn't going to spend a lot of money just to see if it was something that I might be interested in doing so I chose the wild game....I set it up at my house and got out cutting the grass and it took good and clear photos and also did good at night. I haven't pulled the cards but a hunting buddy went and pulled them and checked them on his viewer and said I had some fair deer on them and the pictures where real good. One of them had several deer on it together with some big does. Several people along with the guy at Academy Sports said the Bushnell was one of the better cams but like I said I'm just trying something new.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Don't blame you a bit. All they do is show you what you have in the area at the time. Most I never see again. But, it gets the adrenaline flowing. I love viewing the pictures .

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Return to Trailcam