• Advertisement

Bow hunting

Lets Talk Archery..

Bow hunting

Postby bigsteve » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:41 am

Bow hunting has been a very large part of my life for many years and I have loved every minute of it there is no feeling like the one you get when a buck approaches your stand and the feeling when you let that arrow fly . Theres always the drama did I make the shot true was it good will I. find this animal . I have realized that it can end over night especially with age I thank the Lord every day for giving me the opportunity to enjoy and expierence the hunts and the memories I have and still have revolving around bow hunting if I never get to hunt with my bow again I shure feel blessed I'm not giving up just accepting reallity I have always wanted to take a really big deer with my bow I sure missed an opportunity with the big 11 he was. Only 6 yds maybe it will happen I sure hope so

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Re: Bow hunting

Postby terry08 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:51 am

bigsteve wrote:Bow hunting has been a very large part of my life for many years and I have loved every minute of it there is no feeling like the one you get when a buck approaches your stand and the feeling when you let that arrow fly . Theres always the drama did I make the shot true was it good will I. find this animal . I have realized that it can end over night especially with age I thank the Lord every day for giving me the opportunity to enjoy and expierence the hunts and the memories I have and still have revolving around bow hunting if I never get to hunt with my bow again I shure feel blessed I'm not giving up just accepting reallity I have always wanted to take a really big deer with my bow I sure missed an opportunity with the big 11 he was. Only 6 yds maybe it will happen I sure hope so

Am I missing something? I thought you got the big eleven.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:43 am

Crossbow not a vertical bow my passion is the mathews

bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby gtk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:55 am

you just need to heal up & quit breaking ribs/tearing muscles ;)
gtk
Admin

Postby bigsteve » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:16 pm

I agree I worked so hard all summer to be ready in September confident in myself and my equipment I came out swinging for. The fence the deer cooperated and I was on a roll then the stupid mistake doing something I should never have done I tried to throw my treestand up on a bank about head high of course it hung on something throwing me off balance and I fell on my trolling motor hitting the t handle used for tightening the shaft my world came crashing down in a flash hard headed I tried to hunt and killed 2 bucks with the crosssbow probably damaging my ribs further people do not know how heart broken I was worse than a heart broken teen aged losing his first girl friend I'm better now if I never expirence that rush again I have had an awsom Bow hunting ride over almost a half century I thank god every day for all my blessings I do be live every thing happens for a reason and if I am able I'll have something to look forward to every day atleast 50 arrows a day

bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby LadyHunter » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:06 pm

You will heal and be back. You just have to give it time. I know because I have been there. Next to deer hunting I love riding my horse the best. After I fell I didn't know if I would ever ride again and the Drs said no. Well it took almost 18 months but I am riding again and enjoying it. Just take time to heal.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby saddaddykiller » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:05 pm

will u be able to hunt anymore this season? hope u get better soon
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:34 am

No bow hunting maybe crossbow or gun we will have to see still pretty sore been 2 weeks

bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby jv » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Just got take it slow Steve and get well
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Return to Archery