• Advertisement

For Sunday Dinner

Share your favorite recipes and discuss new recipes !

Moderator: terry08

• Advertisement

For Sunday Dinner

Postby terry08 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:03 am

Smoked chicken pot pie. I keep 6 to 8, brined , and smoked vacuum sealed, in the freezer. Then thaw and warm in the bag, placed in warm water. Taste is better than the day it was smoked . So tender and moist.
Finished product

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Re: For Sunday Dinner

Postby jbullard1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:16 am

Instruct us on this brining process
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby terry08 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:54 am

jbullard1 wrote:Instruct us on this brining process

Jerry, this is like souve cooking. I keep my water at 160 degrees, this way the birds stay at that temp for as long as I want. They will never over cook, so for a crowd you can keep them at perfect temp and serve as needed. It only takes about 30 to 40 minutes to thaw and come to temp.
The brine, I found on YouTube, a few years ago and it is the only way I will smoke a turkey or chickens. The flavor is unmatched by any I have ever eaten. Seems like the longer they are in the freezer, the better they get.
It is by idaodeerhunter, watch the video and follow the recipe, think you will never go another route. The only thing I do different is that I use one fresh squeezed orange.
Liked videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=LL ... GlpdUkn2nQ
jbullard1 wrote:Instruct us on this brining process

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:32 am

Terry I brined the turkey I smoked yesterday for about 8 hours...don't what you use but I used a half cup of kosher salt a half cup of brown sugar alone with other seasons. ..thyme, onion powder, and a quart of apple cider.Then added water till it covered the bird and placed in frig to soak then removed it dried it off and injected it with melted butter and creole seasoning and sprinkled a little black pepper on it. I smoked it at 225 for 6 hours using apple wood chips.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:57 am

jv wrote:Terry I brined the turkey I smoked yesterday for about 8 hours...don't what you use but I used a half cup of kosher salt a half cup of brown sugar alone with other seasons. ..thyme, onion powder, and a quart of apple cider.Then added water till it covered the bird and placed in frig to soak then removed it dried it off and injected it with melted butter and creole seasoning and sprinkled a little black pepper on it. I smoked it at 225 for 6 hours using apple wood chips.

Sounds great Jv. I love the flavors of ginger and cloves, in the video. Like the guy in the video, I have had numerous requests for these smoked chickens.
But I also know the flavors may not fit everyone's taste. I know you're bird was fantastic.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Finished and time to hunt.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Great Terry....

I think the next time I'm just going to buy turkey breast and smoke them instead of the whole turkey.

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:36 am

jv wrote:Great Terry....

I think the next time I'm just going to buy turkey breast and smoke them instead of the whole turkey.

My nieces, husband buys breast only and wraps them in bacon. Turn out great each time.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby dustygoodson » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:02 pm

o my o my that thing i would hurt myself on
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby hubtech » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:06 am

I did bone in breasts for thanksgiving. Turned out awesome. Brine for 12 hrs, then smoked using my electric smoker and amazin pellet smoker one of you dudes raved about. Turned out great!

Backstrap Brotherhood (team 5)
2014-2015 Lucky 7's
hubtech
8 Point

Postby terry08 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:42 pm

hubtech wrote:I did bone in breasts for thanksgiving. Turned out awesome. Brine for 12 hrs, then smoked using my electric smoker and amazin pellet smoker one of you dudes raved about. Turned out great!

Sounds great hubtech, I use the amazin tray for all my smoking. Just picked up 8 yard birds, to smoke and vac seal.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby hubtech » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Nice.

2014-2015 Lucky 7's
hubtech
8 Point

Postby jv » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Sounds great hubtech.....what flavor pellets did you use

jv
Pope&Young

Return to Recipe Discussion