• Advertisement

Early December

Early December

Postby flipper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:48 pm

It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon in the woods, December 5. I have seen young bucks chasing and heard a lot of grunting over the past 2 weekends. This evening I'm in what I call the hog farm stand. Last weekend I was in this stand and a doe came up and laid down by me. It's the 5th time that has happened in this spot. She never spooked even when I was putting the tripod rail pads and camo covers on, zipping them in place. I peeled a tangerine and tossed the peel down and she still stayed calm. At one point she had her head tucked and eyes closed. Beautiful sight..... Today I was able to sneak up on a young 8 point that was bedded down in a ditch.
He and a smaller buck were beside the ditch. Then the younger one ran off.
So these and other encounters with deer and other wildlife are why I love to hunt. As I sit here now, I hear a woodpecker gently tapping the tree behind me, a wren nearby fussing, and whatever these woodland sounds are that sound like crickets. It's a great experience and I'm thankful to be here and to have a mind to comprehend how blessed I am, and a heart that allows me to embrace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: Early December

Postby terry08 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:15 pm

flipper wrote:It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon in the woods, December 5. I have seen young bucks chasing and heard a lot of grunting over the past 2 weekends. This evening I'm in what I call the hog farm stand. Last weekend I was in this stand and a doe came up and laid down by me. It's the 5th time that has happened in this spot. She never spooked even when I was putting the tripod rail pads and camo covers on, zipping them in place. I peeled a tangerine and tossed the peel down and she still stayed calm. At one point she had her head tucked and eyes closed. Beautiful sight..... Today I was able to sneak up on a young 8 point that was bedded down in a ditch.
He and a smaller buck were beside the ditch. Then the younger one ran off.
So these and other encounters with deer and other wildlife are why I love to hunt. As I sit here now, I hear a woodpecker gently tapping the tree behind me, a wren nearby fussing, and whatever these woodland sounds are that sound like crickets. It's a great experience and I'm thankful to be here and to have a mind to comprehend how blessed I am, and a heart that allows me to embrace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truly Amazing Flipper.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Re: Early December

Postby gtk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:35 pm

8)
gtk
Admin

Return to Flippers Journal