• Advertisement

Coat of Many Colors

Coat of Many Colors

Postby flipper » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Yesterday afternoon I went to the tripod called "north stand." It was perfect.......chilly and an occasional light breeze from the southeast, the right direction. It wasn't long before I spotted a deer in the distance through the trees. I rotated slowly in the stand to see better. Evidently it wasn't slowly enough. I could tell that it was a decent buck because he would lift his head up and down looking straight my direction. Wind was right, but he turned and went the other way. Later I saw another deer. This was also a buck, but he went the wrong way and not because he had spotted me. Right behind him came another. This was a charcoal gray 5 point with fairly long tines and very narrow spread. He came right in front of me. The previous buck turned and followed the 5 point's trail. He was a very tan larger 6 point, but still only about a 12 inch spread. He was right behind the 5 point last I saw heading south. Moments later a chocolate very symmetrical 8 point came down the trail. His antlers were so white with short times. He was a very good looking young buck about 12 or 13 inches wide. I was so amazed at the different coat colors and more amazed that I saw those bucks because usually I don't see much of anything from that stand. Having harvested a nice 9 point the previous day, I was more than happy to let them walk and grow. Hope my neighbors will do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: Coat of Many Colors

Postby triple_duece » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:06 pm

Awesome hunt flipper. No pics to share?
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby terry08 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Congratulations, wish my season was going that good.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:53 pm

triple_duece wrote:Awesome hunt flipper. No pics to share?

Not this time. I don't get good pics with the iPhone. I keep meaning to take my good point and shoot, but I have been seriously hunting lately and not interested in taking photos. Thanks friend!
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Return to Flippers Journal