• Advertisement

Up to January 11

Up to January 11

Postby flipper » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:32 am

Still seeing bucks and does here and there with a little chasing going on. Had a small racked buck, I believe 7 point, walk right behind me at last light yesterday (I'm sitting on a stool by a tree overlooking a bottom field). Too bad he wasn't the big one.
A really strong cold front has come through. I saw 20* on the thermometer this morning! The loggers have moved in next to us. Between them and the cold, I'm hoping the deer are getting stirred up. I can get home from work with enough daylight left to run over the hill and get in a quick hunt. The hunt clock is ticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: Up to January 11

Postby triple_duece » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:37 am

Good luck flipper, seems that the deer are on their feet the last few days where I hunt as the second rut approaches.
triple_duece
10 Point

Re: Up to January 11

Postby gtk » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:11 am

I didn't see a single deer Sat morn. Slept all afternoon during the thunderstorm, then hit the stand again in the eve. I had 11 deer come out in the field at dark. Out of those 11, all were either button bucks or fawns. Only one mature doe out of the bunch.. I did not see a single rack buck.. I think they are done up here...
gtk
Admin

Return to Flippers Journal