• Advertisement

Recipes

Share your favorite recipes and discuss new recipes !

Moderator: terry08

• Advertisement

Recipes

Postby terry08 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:35 pm

For the past year I have been trying different recipes from the internet. A lot of them are worth five stars, but just as many are not deserving of any stars. Sometimes you have to wonder where they got their culinary skills from. I can generally tell by the ingredients if it is going to be non edible, but will try it anyway hoping to prove myself wrong.
This was the case today when I tried a recipe that stated the finest tuna salad you will ever eat. " I don't think so ".

1 can albacore tuna
2/3 cups low fat cottage cheese
4 Tbls plain yogurt
1/4 red onion diced
1 stalk celery diced
1 tsp dill weed
Squeeze of lemon
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper.

I am sure it might satisfy the authors taste buds, but I have eaten tuna salad all over this country. And have never came across such a concoction in my lifetime. I will be deleting this one from my saved recipes.
I don't think the cat's will eat it either, and I tripled the recipe.
Maybe if I could get a hold of whatever the author was smoking at the time, I might be able to stomach it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Re: Recipes

Postby Nogocyclist » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Chili powder! Just keep dumping chili powder in the batch until you can stomach it. :stir:

I don't have a clue if that would help, but that is the best thing I could think of that might help when I read that. :lol:
Nogocyclist
10 Point

Re: Recipes

Postby terry08 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:55 am

Nogocyclist wrote:Chili powder! Just keep dumping chili powder in the batch until you can stomach it. :stir:

I don't have a clue if that would help, but that is the best thing I could think of that might help when I read that. :lol:

Might just be what it needs lol

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Return to Recipe Discussion