• Advertisement

Card readers

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Re: Card readers

Postby terry08 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:22 am

Kinda scared to order it. My galaxy S6 version is 5.1.1 , not sure if it would work. Have read great reviews and bad reviews.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:32 am

Not sure what version my cousin has in his s6 but he has one and no problems. I haven't had a issue with mine and the customer service he is giving, he will make it right one way or another. Me and the owner txt about out hunting pretty much daily terry, he seems like a straight up person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:40 am

chadbragg wrote:Not sure what version my cousin has in his s6 but he has one and no problems. I haven't had a issue with mine and the customer service he is giving, he will make it right one way or another. Me and the owner txt about out hunting pretty much daily terry, he seems like a straight up person.

I loaded the app to check compatibility. The phone is compatible, so I just ordered 2 of them will be here the 18th.

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 am

Going to order one just hope it works better then the one I got from BassPro a few weeks ago. It worked great the first time but after that it started loading pictures from my phone to the SD card :bash:
Below is the one from BassPro

22512.jpeg
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Card readers

Postby triple_duece » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:04 pm

Received my reader. Pulled card from the back yard and had pics of some does. Worked great but deleting pics of card was a problem. Image
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby chadbragg » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:19 pm

triple_duece wrote:Received my reader. Pulled card from the back yard and had pics of some does. Worked great but deleting pics of card was a problem. Image

Android or iPhone?

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Iphone
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby chadbragg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:59 am

triple_duece wrote:Iphone

Did you get this app? Image

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:55 am

Yes I followed the instructions. All was great but when I tried to delete the pics it kept processing and never would clear. I only had 20 pics. Can't imagine trying to delete couple thousand pics.
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby terry08 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:05 am

After many conversations with Amazon customer service. I decided to accept the order. Just plugged it in and worked like a charm. Deleted 106 photos instantly. My only issue is that I must take my phone out of the otter case, and that's a pain. But the packaging tells you this. I am android.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:12 am

triple_duece wrote:Yes I followed the instructions. All was great but when I tried to delete the pics it kept processing and never would clear. I only had 20 pics. Can't imagine trying to delete couple thousand pics.

it takes 1.5-2min to delete 1200 on my phone. I don't think mine has ever said processing.

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:14 am

terry08 wrote:After many conversations with Amazon customer service. I decided to accept the order. Just plugged it in and worked like a charm. Deleted 106 photos instantly. My only issue is that I must take my phone out of the otter case, and that's a pain. But the packaging tells you this. I am android.

Shoulda got the corded one terry. They picked it up and delivered it yesterday?

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:18 am

chadbragg wrote:
terry08 wrote:After many conversations with Amazon customer service. I decided to accept the order. Just plugged it in and worked like a charm. Deleted 106 photos instantly. My only issue is that I must take my phone out of the otter case, and that's a pain. But the packaging tells you this. I am android.

Shoulda got the corded one terry. They picked it up and delivered it yesterday?

Yes, just used a little southern ingenuity and altered the case without damaging it. Works great now.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:28 am

Didn't say processing but you see the phone trying to delete
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby terry08 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:05 am

Just shot a doe in front of the camera. It showed 45 pictures. Plugged it in and it says lost dir.
This is an eight gig card. The first was 2 gig worked great. Will have to wait until I get back to the computer.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:20 am

Very strange, it deleted the photos. This was a SanDisk 8 gig disk.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:57 am

I have a 32 gig card. It had 24 pics. I was trying to clear the card but it was taking forever for the whole file so I stopped it. Put it back in and tried deleting one pic at a time and phone kept trying giving me the circle "processing" signal like it does when downloading something. Even had to keep my phone from sleeping a few times during the delete till I got tired of waiting and pulled the reader out.
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby Bloodhound » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:19 pm

My card reader came in today. I'm trying it out now. To start with I had to hold the connection to one side to get it to connect. I finally pushed it in hard and it plugged all the way in. Works great now. This will make it simple to check cards while sitting in the stand. No need to carry the lap top. Now I need to find an app that will let me scroll thru without going back to the list for each pic.
Don't sweat the petty stuff.....
And don't pet the sweaty stuff.
Bloodhound
8 Point

Postby Common Hunter » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:23 pm

Chad, thanks for your support!

We have joined this forum due to the amount of interest and orders we have received from you guys!

Thanks so much guys for the business.

If there is anything we can do to help or questions on what reader will work best for you, please let us know. In the meantime we will be active on this site as well.

Thanks again!

Common Hunter
Common Hunter
commonhunter.com
Common Hunter
button buck

Postby chadbragg » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:25 pm

Common Hunter wrote:Chad, thanks for your support!

We have joined this forum due to the amount of interest and orders we have received from you guys!

If there is anything we can do to help or questions on what reader will work best for you, please let us know. In the meantime we will be active on this site as well.

Thanks again!

Common Hunter

Welcome aboard. This is a great family oriented site, I think you'll enjoy and look forward to you sharing your hunting experiences!

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby Bloodhound » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Man, these guys are on top of things. I made the my last post and had an email from common hunter answering my question about an app. They also asked for a link to our discussion so I came back over and they have already joined and replied. A big thumbs up for customer service. Gonna see what else they have that I can use. :2TU:
Bloodhound
8 Point

Postby Common Hunter » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:51 pm

chadbragg wrote:

Thanks again!

Common Hunter

Welcome aboard. This is a great family oriented site, I think you'll enjoy and look forward to you sharing your hunting experiences!

Thanks Chad and Bloodhound. Looking forward to all of it!
Common Hunter
commonhunter.com
Common Hunter
button buck

Postby jv » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Thanks again!

Common Hunter

:welcome: We hope you will like it here, we kinda like it and do have a lot of good guys and gals on the site and think of each other as family.
I will be ordering one of your card readers soon.
Again :welcome: welcome to the site.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby Bloodhound » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:24 pm

I downloaded the app. File Expert HD. from Google play and it allows you to scroll, share, and delete with ease. This is on a Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Bloodhound
8 Point

Postby glenn » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:20 am

Welcome Common Hunter. We must have crashed your site. I have been trying to go to your website tonight and always get a message that it cannot be opened. I could order through amazon, but if I order one I would prefer for all of my money to go directly to you.

Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

PreviousNext

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion