• Advertisement

Card readers

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Re: Card readers

Postby terry08 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:17 am

Welcome Common Hunter, so glad you joined us. Hope to see some great photos from you. I ordered two of the readers and what a nightmare. Not from you or Amazon, but Ups. Have a couple questions, but will discuss them later.
Again welcome to not the largest site but the most friendly site on the Web.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby Bloodhound » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:57 am

I could order through amazon, but if I order one I would prefer for all of my money to go directly to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I think you have to order thru Amazon. I went to their site and when I hit order it took me to Amazon.
Don't sweat the petty stuff.....
And don't pet the sweaty stuff.
Bloodhound
8 Point

Postby chadbragg » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:34 am

Bloodhound wrote:I could order through amazon, but if I order one I would prefer for all of my money to go directly to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have to order thru Amazon. I went to their site and when I hit order it took me to Amazon.[/quote]

I ordered direct using PayPal. Just told him what I wanted and he sent invoice. I'm sure Amazon has fees like eBay.

TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:38 am

I would like to ask a question to Common Hunter. I purchased a reader and it worked great. App was loaded and all was good... until I tried to delete the photos. Seemed like it took forever and I only had 20 pics on card. Never did get them to delete. Am I doing something wrong. I have earlier post in this thread looking for a solution. Thanks in advance
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby triple_duece » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:09 am

Update. I just went and pulled my card. There wasn't any additional pics on card and should've been at least pics of me.

Good news is I was able to delete pics. Instead of trying to delete things normally like I do w my phone I clicked on edit and tried deleting that way. They deleted quick . How do I reformat the card by using the reader? Or do I have to? When deleting all pics do I delete the folder?
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby gtk » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:42 am

Welcome CommonHunter :welcome:
gtk
Admin

Postby terry08 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:06 pm

triple_duece wrote:Update. I just went and pulled my card. There wasn't any additional pics on card and should've been at least pics of me.

Good news is I was able to delete pics. Instead of trying to delete things normally like I do w my phone I clicked on edit and tried deleting that way. They deleted quick . How do I reformat the card by using the reader? Or do I have to? When deleting all pics do I delete the folder?

When you delete the pictures you should not have to reformat the card as long as you use it in the same device. There should not be a folder unless you created one. Also like most files I always click edit and select what I want to delete or click all at the top of screen. They will delete instantly.

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Welcome Common Hunter. Thanks for great customer support! So far enjoying the card reader.

2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby patinlouisiana » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:02 pm

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJYT2AM/A/lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader
I have been using this Apple card reader for years.
Best part is it is free! Took it out of my wife's ipad case! Normally $29 :W:
2017-2018 member Team 4
.257 Weatherby Magnum W/4x16 X 50 Nikon Monarch
T/C Encore 35 Whelen W/Leupold VX-I 3-9 x 50
S&W M&P 15 Sport II 5.56
Ruger Blackhawk 357 Mag W/Millet Red Dot
Canon PowerShot SX40HS
patinlouisiana
Pope&Young

Postby Common Hunter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:07 pm

glenn wrote:Welcome Common Hunter. We must have crashed your site. I have been trying to go to your website tonight and always get a message that it cannot be opened. I could order through amazon, but if I order one I would prefer for all of my money to go directly to you.

Glenn,

When did you try?

We just went ecommerce tonight on the website!

We appreciate your support with that. We are trying to get the glitches out of it right now and make sure we are smooth sailing in the future! Bare with us as we go through it.

You can still order through Amazon or Ebay if you'd like.
Common Hunter
commonhunter.com
Common Hunter
button buck

Postby Common Hunter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:09 pm

terry08 wrote:Welcome Common Hunter, so glad you joined us. Hope to see some great photos from you. I ordered two of the readers and what a nightmare. Not from you or Amazon, but Ups. Have a couple questions, but will discuss them later.
Again welcome to not the largest site but the most friendly site on the Web.

Terry,

Thanks for your support! We are looking forward to a great forum and will share our Northern photos with you!

Feel free to email us at commonhunterusa@gmail.com or call us at (989) 545-1788 and we be glad to take care of you!
Common Hunter
commonhunter.com
Common Hunter
button buck

Postby Common Hunter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:11 pm

chadbragg wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:I could order through amazon, but if I order one I would prefer for all of my money to go directly to you.

I think you have to order thru Amazon. I went to their site and when I hit order it took me to Amazon.

I ordered direct using PayPal. Just told him what I wanted and he sent invoice. I'm sure Amazon has fees like eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Chad,

Thank you. Pay pal works great too! Cuts out all of the fees and super easy if you have a pay pal account.

We just came out with ecommerce tonight, still working through the glitches right now so the shipping won't be as fast as Amazon at this point, but will be in the future.
Common Hunter
commonhunter.com
Common Hunter
button buck

Postby Common Hunter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:16 pm

triple_duece wrote:Update. I just went and pulled my card. There wasn't any additional pics on card and should've been at least pics of me.

Yes, that is correct. You DON'T have to reformat the card every time if you are using it in the same trail camera. I recommending labeling your SD cards, with 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc so that each card is being used in the same camera.

Now you can use cards across several different trail cameras, the trail cameras will just create another folder on the sd card, but sometimes it causes formatting issues with the card. So to be safe, we suggest to keep the same card for the same camera. If you notice on the cards, you have multiple folders, that is because it has been used on several different trail cameras or several different cameras, or either.

You can't reformat the card with the reader. That has to be done on a computer for now. Some trail cameras have that option of reformatting the sd card, some don't.

I hope this answers your questions!
Common Hunter
commonhunter.com
Common Hunter
button buck

Postby glenn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:01 am

Common Hunter wrote:
glenn wrote:Welcome Common Hunter. We must have crashed your site. I have been trying to go to your website tonight and always get a message that it cannot be opened. I could order through amazon, but if I order one I would prefer for all of my money to go directly to you.

Glenn,

When did you try?

We appreciate your support with that. We are trying to get the glitches out of it right now and make sure we are smooth sailing in the future! Bare with us as we go through it.

I tried off and on all night Monday night while I was at work. I will try again tonight if I get the chance. I know what you mean about glitches, our system was down Monday night. That's why I had time to play a little.

Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby Common Hunter » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:18 pm

glenn wrote:
Common Hunter wrote:

Glenn,

When did you try?

I tried off and on all night Monday night while I was at work. I will try again tonight if I get the chance. I know what you mean about glitches, our system was down Monday night. That's why I had time to play a little.

Let me know if it worked! We should be good to go! If you wait till tomorrow you can get another 20% off!
Common Hunter
commonhunter.com
Common Hunter
button buck

Postby glenn » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:45 am

Common Hunter wrote:
glenn wrote:
Common Hunter wrote:

Glenn,

When did you try?

Let me know if it worked! We should be good to go! If you wait till tomorrow you can get another 20% off!

It worked great this time, thanks.

Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Had a little issue with one of my cards. CH was johnny on the spot and I really appreciate that. Turns out it wasn't an issue with the card reader at all. It was the card. All is well and we have a great partner with Common Hunter.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby sdw » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Glad to see so many good reviews. I put one on my Christmas list. If I don't get one for Christmas I'll order one.
sdw
Spike

Postby terry08 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:37 am

flipper wrote:Had a little issue with one of my cards. CH was johnny on the spot and I really appreciate that. Turns out it wasn't an issue with the card reader at all. It was the card. All is well and we have a great partner with Common Hunter.

Flipper, what was the issue with the card?

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:08 am

Not sure Terry. It was a 2 GB card that came with something I purchased.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:09 am

Wish I had saved the screenshot that I sent to common Hunter. If it does it again I'll show it to you.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:26 am

Flipper did it give you a bunch of ghost files with crazy names and dates?

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:33 am

Yes!

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Mine has done that 2x when I've been trying to delete pics. I brought them home and formatted on computer and it seemed to have fixed problem

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:33 pm

I reformatted the card in my digital camera, took some pics and videos, and could easily get them to view on my phone. Able to download the pics to my phone, but can't figure out how to get the videos to download. I may need to ask CH about that unless anyone has suggestions.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

PreviousNext

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion