• Advertisement

think I'm gonna try it this morning

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

think I'm gonna try it this morning

Postby huntall » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:54 am

Weather been messy but I'm going to try a hunt on my new place this morning. Weather permitting I made ground blind in the back that I'll go to, but if not I may just park my truck so I can watch a trail and stay dry.
Wouldn't take much in this kinda weather to get sick. Don't need that. Good luck to everyone today
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Re: think I'm gonna try it this morning

Postby chadbragg » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:20 am

It's been raining here since noon yesterday. Im about to take jr out and see if one will move. It's supposed to slack off right after daylight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:42 am

Been raining here steady since Friday, night. Got a break this morning. Heading out for a quick hunt before the next round moves in. Good luck folks.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:51 am

Good luck to all of you that are braving the weather. I'm going to hold off until this afternoon. I'm not much of a morning hunter until the rut kicks in and here we are still at least a couple of weeks away.

Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:29 am

I guess as we get older our priorities change I use to hunt no
Matter the weather but now I don't hunt when the weather is wet or real cold if I never kill another buck I have been blessed I don't have any shooting houses I hunt portable either sit on the ground or use my summit climber since the low buck numbers came in Arkansas I chose not to harvest a buck there prob won't hunt there again this year I have a couple small places in miss I will hunt there when the weather permits to me it's not about the kill or the size of the trophy it's time spent doing what you enjoy when you don't enjoy it don't do it I don't. enjoy cold weather or rainy weather good luck to all

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby terry08 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:38 am

glenn wrote:Good luck to all of you that are braving the weather. I'm going to hold off until this afternoon. I'm not much of a morning hunter until the rut kicks in and here we are still at least a couple of weeks away.

Might be sooner than you think this year. They are getting frisky here and usually it's around the 25th. Starting to get pictures of them. They were definitely moving this morning. Seen deer and heard shooting all around at 6:45 A.M.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby huntall » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 am

I enjoyed the hunt this morning. Nothing like getting a new place and try figure out how the deer move and where good crossings are. Just nice to get in woods
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion