• Advertisement

Do you have a moral upbringing?

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Re: Do you have a moral upbringing?

Postby bigsteve » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:24 pm

I also respect yours make hunting fun again we are never going to agree on everything but we can still be friends I have my beliefs as you have yours that's what is so great about it they are ours and ours only

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby buckcrazy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:56 am

I don't know the details of the situation but this sounds like the same reason I want to have my own land to hunt. On my fathers land we had some really good deer and it took a while to get it to that point. I could never get my father to let some bucks walk until the year before he died. I let some bucks walk and he would shoot them. I would get aggravated about it but in the end it didn't matter at all. If we invited someone to his land to hunt we let them shoot a buck, any buck and it never really hurt the "program" we had in place. I understand a rule was broken but there is nothing now that can be done to bring that deer back to live, grow or reproduce back into the herd so chalk it up as a bad experience, its happened to all of us. Like some have said ,good friends are hard to come by and the loss of 1 buck isn't going to change the demographics of the deer in the herd. I can understand your frustration and disappointment but its a deer vs friend and if you feel that strongly about what happened it becomes a moral decision only you and the land owner can make.
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby terry08 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:34 am

buckcrazy wrote:I don't know the details of the situation but this sounds like the same reason I want to have my own land to hunt. On my fathers land we had some really good deer and it took a while to get it to that point. I could never get my father to let some bucks walk until the year before he died. I let some bucks walk and he would shoot them. I would get aggravated about it but in the end it didn't matter at all. If we invited someone to his land to hunt we let them shoot a buck, any buck and it never really hurt the "program" we had in place. I understand a rule was broken but there is nothing now that can be done to bring that deer back to live, grow or reproduce back into the herd so chalk it up as a bad experience, its happened to all of us. Like some have said ,good friends are hard to come by and the loss of 1 buck isn't going to change the demographics of the deer in the herd. I can understand your frustration and disappointment but its a deer vs friend and if you feel that strongly about what happened it becomes a moral decision only you and the land owner can make.

Nicely written buck crazy

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:00 am

I think it is so easy to get caught up in the "trophy " management. At some point every hunter falls prey to it, at least for a time. Each lease or landowner has to decide within legal limits for themselves. We often lose sight of the fact they are not "our" deer. Deer do not observe property lines, no matter how large the property. What may get a pass on mine, may be a great buck on yours.

We don't need to lose sight of our love for the sport. The joy we get from it. The thrill of the hunt and the chase. The excitement of the harvest. The feeling of sharing that with others. We need to let go of things we can not control, and that goes for all walks of life.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby dublelung » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Double Gobble wrote:I agree with what you said about greed big Steve, but you didn't address the pm I sent you at all.

I've you're going to pm a few people the details why not just post it instead of a partial? That said and not knowing all the details, I'd never hide a deer or leave it laying just because it didn't meet legal requirements. If you're going to pull the trigger on it then face the consequences of your actions. If a person is kind enough to let you hunt then you should be kind enough to do as he asks.
I still hate Commies, even after they changed their name to Liberals.
dublelung
Non-Typical

Previous

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion