• Advertisement

My boys deer mount

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

My boys deer mount

Postby RoadRanger » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:32 pm

I had Braydens first buck skull mounted and my dad made this frame to hang it on. My dad can mage just about anything and this turned out so amazing. The top card is the date and location and then I printed our a pic of me and Brayden right after the kill. Also the .243 shell casing is mounted. He will have this forever and always remember the first kill like we all do. I wish I had one for my first deer but can't really skull mount a button buck ha ha
20161225_154512.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Re: My boys deer mount

Postby bigsteve » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:21 pm

He will always remember the first one mine was a spike some 57 years ago remember it like it was yesterday we were running dogs he came down a log road I shot him at 20 yds with a 20GA browning auto hit him 1 out of 5 shots the first put him down the rest went somewhere 3 slugs 2 buckshot I will.never _forget that moment

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby dustygoodson » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:50 pm

:thumbsup:
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:19 pm

That looks great. You both have reason to be proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:33 am

I love that! It tells the whole story...... almost. Beautifully done and will be treasured for years.

2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby dublelung » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:07 am

I like that! It looks mighty nice.
I still hate Commies, even after they changed their name to Liberals.
dublelung
Non-Typical

Postby flipper » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:06 pm

My dad did this for me. He was just learning how to use his router to write. I shot the little buck in the head (had no scope on my new rifle yet), so the antlers couldn't be cut off with the skull attached. He didn't get the antlers mounted right, but that's okay. It was a work of love and pride. He's no longer with us, so that makes it even more special.

2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:55 pm

I am sure that brings a tear to your eyes every time you look at it. No taxidermist could have done what your dad did. I can't imagine how proud he was of his baby girl.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:59 pm

RoadRanger wrote:I had Braydens first buck skull mounted and my dad made this frame to hang it on. My dad can mage just about anything and this turned out so amazing. The top card is the date and location and then I printed our a pic of me and Brayden right after the kill. Also the .243 shell casing is mounted. He will have this forever and always remember the first kill like we all do. I wish I had one for my first deer but can't really skull mount a button buck ha ha
20161225_154512.jpg

Fantastic, he will cherish it for years to come.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby RoadRanger » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:55 pm

This is one of my more special mounts. My grandfather, who passed on several years ago, killed this little 5 point back when deer were much less common. I don't know the story or when it was killed. I just remember as a little kid sneaking into his bedroom and looking up at it hanging on the wall. Kids weren't really allowed to go in his room but I was always intrigued about these antlers.

They are the dark color because of the tar from him smoking all the time. Lord knows how long it took to get them to change just by smoking in the bedroom.

Once he passed away that's the only thing I hoped I could have of his and my grandmother never batted an eye when asked. I don't think anyone else ever thought twice about them all those years but I honestly think it's one key thing that drove me to learn about chasing these animals.

Feel free to post your personal mounts or items that mean a lot to you and memories made. I love reading that stuff!!

Also the arrow was from my first bow kill.

RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Looks awesome
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:41 pm

My dad a avid whitetail hunter wouldn't let me and my brothers keep the racks off the bucks we killed most were given to our grandfather he used them on crafts having 4 sons I guess I understand most were spikes and a occasional 4 to 6 point deer weren't near as plentiful as they are today you were allowed 1 buck a season and there were 2 one week seasons no bow or primitive weapons seasons at all no doe season any where I remember the first 8 pt I killed in 1978 prob 125" buck I thought he was a monster I gave the rack to a friends son for a hat rack every mount I have has been taken in the last 6 years I gave my son 12 racks to hang in his shop I gave my daughter some for her dog to chew on and a banana box full to my youngest son for Knife Handel's and buttons I have 10 mounts in my living room all have memories

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion