• Advertisement

It's pretty cold out in this wind today

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Re: It's pretty cold out in this wind today

Postby flipper » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:01 pm

glenn wrote:I was dumb enough to be out in it again this morning. I had fun though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not dumb. I was out there too and I had fun. I just knew your fun was going to include buck pics (on the ground)! :P :lol:
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:13 pm

I just can't take the cold any more if I ever get cold I can't get warm I know the deer go into overdrive when it gets real cold but if isn't fun I just can't do it I just don't have the passion I once had I may hunt this week when it warms some y'all have fun I'll support y'all from the recliner

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby jv » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:41 pm

bigsteve wrote:I just can't take the cold any more if I ever get cold I can't get warm I know the deer go into overdrive when it gets real cold but if isn't fun I just can't do it I just don't have the passion I once had I may hunt this week when it warms some y'all have fun I'll support y'all from the recliner

I about feel the same way Steve, the box stand I been hunting latley is only a few minutes ride from my truck and I use a heater, but if wasn't for that I wouldn't have been there and the last two days I haven't hunted.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:53 pm

bigsteve wrote:I just can't take the cold any more if I ever get cold I can't get warm I know the deer go into overdrive when it gets real cold but if isn't fun I just can't do it I just don't have the passion I once had I may hunt this week when it warms some y'all have fun I'll support y'all from the recliner

I know that time is coming for me as well. I don't get up and out early like I used to and you're right, if it isn't fun, I don't want to be doing it. Luckily, the deer quantity and quality is improving around here making it exciting to get out there. I am sooooooo blessed to be able to walk out of my yard and be able to hunt in any direction I choose. Still, the years are passing and the body is not what it used to be, so I will enjoy with enthusiasm every day I have, every season I have. This has been a good one for sure. :party

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:56 pm

jv wrote:

I about feel the same way Steve, the box stand I been hunting latley is only a few minutes ride from my truck and I use a heater, but if wasn't for that I wouldn't have been there and the last two days I haven't hunted.

I really feel the same as both of you. I don't hunt cold weather much until the rut kicks in. It's in full swing here now, so I suffered through it the last few days. I stayed in this afternoon and I am finally getting warm again.

Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:11 pm

glenn wrote:
jv wrote:

I really feel the same as both of you. I don't hunt cold weather much until the rut kicks in. It's in full swing here now, so I suffered through it the last few days. I stayed in this afternoon and I am finally getting warm again.

And I see you got another buck! Congratulations!!!! It was sooo awesome seeing the deer with snow on the ground. We are in the lead at this point.......not that it really matters, but it is fun. This next warm weekend should be interesting. :party

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:33 pm

I agree flipper that it's nice to be in the lead, but talking trash is a lot more fun for me from behind. I don't like to come off as a jerk when I'm just trying to have fun.

Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:46 pm

glenn wrote:I agree flipper that it's nice to be in the lead, but talking trash is a lot more fun for me from behind. I don't like to come off as a jerk when I'm just trying to have fun.

There is no way you are ever going to be viewed as a jerk. I think that after a team wins, it's a ton of fun to trash talk and lose the next year. Hunting is never supposed to be who wins anything. It is what each individual feels is in their best interest. If you choose not to kill anything, that's up to you. No one should berate you for that. I just love that I can share a kill with my friends here and that we can gain information from each other. I was a cheerleader in high school and am rooting my team on. If we lose, I support us as well as the team that wins.
BUT WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS YEAR!! :smash: :smash: :smash: :party :party :party :party :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:23 am

glenn wrote:
terry08 wrote:Good luck everyone. And by the way, you are crazy. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

You're right Terry, but it did pay off. Just not for me. My son was on the next Ridge over and had a doe run across his food plot with an 8 point close behind. Bad decision on his part.

Congratulations to your son glenn. The fact is, if you are able to withstand the freezing temperatures. Then by all means get out there and enjoy it. Personally I can still handle the cold temps, but the high wind blowing on these bones takes a toll. I will try and get on the board this week if possible. I have contracts signed on 4 large projects so will be busy for a while. Looks like 2017 is going to be a good year.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:40 am

Terry, the last couple of days hunting has been very painful for me in the cold. However, it was worth it. Not for the deer that were killed, but for the chance to spend time with my son an nephews. I know too many people that hardly ever see their kids once they are grown, much less nieces and nephews. Hunting and fishing is a major bond I have with all of them and I don't want to be the one that breaks it. Anytime one of them wants to go, I do my best to go with them even when I know I am going to suffer for it.

Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:25 am

Flipper, I love to laugh and pick at people, but sometimes the words I type don't come across with the intended meaning. You can't see the smile, or smirk on my face as I type it, so I try to be careful. You were a cheerleader and were taught how to make everyone love you, even the other team and it comes natural to you. I was a jock and taught to be unmerciful and pound the other team into the dirt. I also figured out to talk trash while I could because sometimes it didn't last. Now let's pound some people in the dirt!

Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Previous

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion