• Advertisement

Is there something wrong with us?

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Is there something wrong with us?

Postby patinlouisiana » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:48 pm

My co-worker say my food plots look better that my front yard in spring! :lol:
2017-2018 member Team 4
.257 Weatherby Magnum W/4x16 X 50 Nikon Monarch
T/C Encore 35 Whelen W/Leupold VX-I 3-9 x 50
S&W M&P 15 Sport II 5.56
Ruger Blackhawk 357 Mag W/Millet Red Dot
Canon PowerShot SX40HS
patinlouisiana
Pope&Young

Re: Is there something wrong with us?

Postby glenn » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 am

Yes there is something wrong with us! Back in the mid 80's our group that hunted together sat down at the end of the year and figured up what each of us had spent and how many deer we killed. As a group we spent over $700 per deer. I can't even bring myself to figure up what the 2 deer I have killed this year would have cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:54 am

I know I would hate to know just what it cost to hunt this year or any other year for that matter. First when I go hunting it is about 65 miles one way to hunt and we don't have a club house so I go back home every day I hunt so I have driven between 3500 and 4000 miles this year just to hunt and that not including the work days moving stands preparing foot plots. Then I have to add the cost of eating on the way down and having something to eat for lunch. After all this cost I haven't even pulled the trigger on a deer this year but I do have a hog for meat and that cost 150 dollars to have processed. I did get a cross bow this year which added to the cost but I got back into bow hunting after about 15 years or so of not bow hunting.
All in all its been a great year, I have three hunting buddies that we hunt many or most all days together so if you figure in the friendship and memories made it all kind of evens it's self out.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:25 am

Well I thank God every day for blessing me. As far as I can tell, this year only cost me my license and a couple of bullets. Oh and some propane to boil the heads, some spray paint, and a bag of ice. Maybe a little ibuprofen after cleaning 2 deer in 3 days.

2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:33 am

Nothing wrong with us... its just priorities.. plus, i don't want a lot of grass growing in my yard because you have to CUT it.. I don't have to cut food plots but maybe once a year :) when everyone else is throwing fertilizer to their yards, i'm spraying msma or somehting else to hold it back

i don't want to know what my deer costs, lest my wife finds out
gtk
Admin

Postby chadbragg » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:55 am

gtk wrote:Nothing wrong with us... its just priorities.. plus, i don't want a lot of grass growing in my yard because you have to CUT it.. I don't have to cut food plots but maybe once a year :) when everyone else is throwing fertilizer to their yards, i'm spraying msma or somehting else to hold it back

i don't want to know what my deer costs, lest my wife finds out

I love seeing lush green yards, just not my own!

TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion