• Advertisement

Retarded Old Man

Whatever you want to discuss

Retarded Old Man

Postby jbullard1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Today I had the privilege of getting my first Social Security Check :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Sure glad i made plans years ago .
I could have waited 4 more years and gotten a few more bucks but I want as much as I can get back.
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Re: Retarded Old Man

Postby terry08 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:54 pm

jbullard1 wrote:Today I had the privilege of getting my first Social Security Check :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Sure glad i made plans years ago .
I could have waited 4 more years and gotten a few more bucks but I want as much as I can get back.

Smart man. How many have said I am going to wait only to be called home. Their wife can't draw it so it funds all those who have never paid a dime into it. Always has been a rigged system.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby Nogocyclist » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:09 pm

terry08 wrote:Smart man. How many have said I am going to wait only to be called home. Their wife can't draw it so it funds all those who have never paid a dime into it. Always has been a rigged system.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

That is only partly true. The surviving spouse of a social security recipient will be given the higher of the amount of their own earnings from social security or that of their deceased spouse. If their spouse waited until 72 (or whatever the age is for someone born when they were born) and is the highest compensated of the two, the spouse will benefit from the recipient waiting to draw the full amount.
Nogocyclist
10 Point

Postby jv » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Sometimes waiting is not the right choice, when I retired 10 years ago I wasn't old enought to draw social security and had to wait just a little over 6 years before I could apply. But counting my retirement check and social security check I am making almost as much as I was while working and then you throw in my 13th check I really make more per year then when I worked.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:28 am

One thing I have learned, don't wait, retire and enjoy what you have worked so hard for while you are still alive and able. The government counts on your not living long enough to draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 am

LadyHunter wrote:One thing I have learned, don't wait, retire and enjoy what you have worked so hard for while you are still alive and able. The government counts on your not living long enough to draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

if i ever get my kids through college, i plan on enjoying my later years.. i plan on retiring & then letting my wife go back to work :W:
gtk
Admin

Postby LadyHunter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:17 am

Greg, that's kinda what we did. But at least working for myself my schedule is flexible.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Return to General Forum