• Advertisement

Killed the first buck on my new land

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Killed the first buck on my new land

Postby buckcrazy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:40 am

Been seeing quite a few deer on the property since the season started. I have several good bucks showing up on cameras. Killed this young 9 point that weighed 140 lbs on Saturday morning, nothing to brag about but it’s nice to break the ice on the land after all the sweat equity Ive been putting in. It’s all mature bucks from here on out. I have 4 bucks on my hit list and he was one of them. I’m sure some are thinking I should’ve passed on him but I have my reasons. I haven’t killed a buck in 4 years since my dad passed away and this is the first deer I killed while using his gun. I’m actually going to have this deer mounted in remembrance of my dad who taught me everything I know about hunting and the love of the outdoors and also being it’s the first deer taken on my new land that I bought. Every time I look at this deer I will remember everything about him and know what deer hunting meant to him and my family. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Re: Killed the first buck on my new land

Postby chadbragg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:51 am

buckcrazy wrote:Been seeing quite a few deer on the property since the season started. I have several good bucks showing up on cameras. Killed this young 9 point that weighed 140 lbs on Saturday morning, nothing to brag about but it’s nice to break the ice on the land after all the sweat equity Ive been putting in. It’s all mature bucks from here on out. I have 4 bucks on my hit list and he was one of them. I’m sure some are thinking I should’ve passed on him but I have my reasons. I haven’t killed a buck in 4 years since my dad passed away and this is the first deer I killed while using his gun. I’m actually going to have this deer mounted in remembrance of my dad who taught me everything I know about hunting and the love of the outdoors and also being it’s the first deer taken on my new land that I bought. Every time I look at this deer I will remember everything about him and know what deer hunting meant to him and my family. Image

Thats awesome buddy. My dad passed away in July, the buck I killed in Indiana was my 1st since his passing. I got teared up on the way home as he was always the 1st person I showed my deer too. It's tough, but congrats on a fine buck
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:07 am

Thanks, did the same thing myself. As soon as I shot I was expecting him to call me on the two way asking if it were me that shot. Man I miss those moments!
Trophies are measured in all kinds of ways and this is a trophy to me that I will always remember
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby triple_duece » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 am

Awesome!
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby flipper » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 am

Trophies are measured in all kinds of ways and this is a trophy to that I will always

Well said! Congrats!

2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby Curlyjack » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:01 am

Congrats on a nice buck and a good memory!
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
Curlyjack
Non-Typical

Postby dustygoodson » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:21 am

nice congrats
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:10 pm

buckcrazy wrote:Thanks, did the same thing myself. As soon as I shot I was expecting him to call me on the two way asking if it were me that shot. Man I miss those moments!
Trophies are measured in all kinds of ways and this is a trophy to me that I will always remember

You are exactly right. Every time i had a buck id stop at his shop or house and hed ask me what i killed, id smile and say an ol doe and he would say well how many points does she have because a slickhead dont put a smile on your face like that!

TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:21 am

congrats.. i bet you will remember that 1st deer more than many of the ones to come :)
gtk
Admin

Postby jv » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 am

Congratulations, will be great memories for many years
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby missed mallards » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Congrats!

missed mallards
button buck

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion