• Advertisement

Yall seeing any chasing?

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Yall seeing any chasing?

Postby huntall » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Anyone seeing much chasing in central or south Mississippi. I saw one the other morning just plain out crazy! A doe had been hit on side of road and the buck would not leave the dead doe. Passing traffic did not bother him one bit. He was walking out in front of cars and acting crazy. He was a real nice size buck...I'm sure 8 point or better. I can't get that lucky to have one like that hanging around my woods.lol
huntall
Pope&Young

Re: Yall seeing any chasing?

Postby terry08 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:09 am

huntall wrote:Anyone seeing much chasing in central or south Mississippi. I saw one the other morning just plain out crazy! A doe had been hit on side of road and the buck would not leave the dead doe. Passing traffic did not bother him one bit. He was walking out in front of cars and acting crazy. He was a real nice size buck...I'm sure 8 point or better. I can't get that lucky to have one like that hanging around my woods.lol

They are getting hot in Yazoo County right now. My son was getting good ones on camera the past few days. They should be moving in daylight this week.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:37 am

Not seeing it like in years past. Hope this weekend is good. I’m ready to take another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018-19 Team #1 BLADES and BULLETS
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Just started chasing this week on my land south of meridian, got a Moultrie cell camera and got several bucks chasing on there.
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:38 am

I had one chasing yest morn in Desoto County, but then 1 hour later, I had three bucks traveling together..
gtk
Admin

Postby Curlyjack » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:34 am

Nothing, but I don't expect anything for a while still down here.
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
Curlyjack
Non-Typical

Postby Surveyorshawn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:14 pm

They're just now starting to come out of the swamp some down here. I might try some calling this week to see if I can get the attention of the other 10 point folks have been seeing around here.
Truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself. - St. Augustine
Surveyorshawn
Spike

Postby buckcrazy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:29 pm

This years rut by me seems slow but maybe its not really happening yet for the area. I had seen some on camera chasing, so I thought, but no bucks really showing up lately to speak of. This is my first hunting season on my land so I'm still trying to pinpoint the rut and how they travel.
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby missed mallards » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Per my cameras the rut was pretty hectic. Bucks seemed to be chasing good around 15th of dec on my place. Of course 90% was at night, and being that's been the way it's been for yrs I thought it normal.

Hunted other areas and haven't seen much activity. In places I usually see sign and such there's nothing. Saw multiple Doe and no bucks which was odd for the time of the yr and so on. Guess all the bucks got shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missed mallards
4 Point

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion