• Advertisement

Yazoo county?

Yazoo county?

Postby missed mallards » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Anyone care to share what the deer r doing?
Bucks done rutting yet? Got an invite to hunt this weekend down there and am pretty stoked. Hopefully, my luck will change in the remaining 2018 hunts!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missed mallards
Spike
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:31 pm
Location: Leland, MS

Re: Yazoo county?

Postby terry08 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:50 am

missed mallards wrote:Anyone care to share what the deer r doing?
Bucks done rutting yet? Got an invite to hunt this weekend down there and am pretty stoked. Hopefully, my luck will change in the remaining 2018 hunts!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son is hunting in the cold, and not seeing anything. Last week, they were all over him. Don't think that the rut is completely over but believe the peak was last week.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
User avatar
terry08
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 12086
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:59 am
Location: Yazoo County MS

Re: Yazoo county?

Postby RoadRanger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:43 am

I'm currently sitting 25 minutes north of yazoo city and they are running does. Camp members son killed the monster buck my son missed earlier in the year yesterday evening. Had multiple bucks chasing the ladies
User avatar
RoadRanger
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 2252
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:52 am
Location: Florence MS

Re: Yazoo county?

Postby missed mallards » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:51 am

Thanks for the updates! Tail end and still chasing! Hopefully they'll be on their feet this weekend!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missed mallards
Spike
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:31 pm
Location: Leland, MS

Yazoo county?

Postby flipper » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 am

I agree with Terry. Seeing deer, including bucks, but chasing is minimal to none. I’m hoping they will uncurl and move around this weekend too. Where are you hunting?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
flipper
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:51 pm
Location: Yazoo County

Re: Yazoo county?

Postby flipper » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am

RoadRanger wrote:I'm currently sitting 25 minutes north of yazoo city and they are running does. Camp members son killed the monster buck my son missed earlier in the year yesterday evening. Had multiple bucks chasing the ladies

Really? That’s great!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
flipper
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:51 pm
Location: Yazoo County

Re: Yazoo county?

Postby missed mallards » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:41 pm

flipper wrote:I agree with Terry. Seeing deer, including bucks, but chasing is minimal to none. I’m hoping they will uncurl and move around this weekend too. Where are you hunting?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


South of Yazoo city. Reports say it hasn't been hunted this yr? Will hopefully find out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missed mallards
Spike
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:31 pm
Location: Leland, MS


Return to Archived

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron