• Advertisement

Too Cold

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Too Cold

Postby Curlyjack » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:49 am

Did not take my heater this morning, and I had to leave at 8. It was so cold I was hurting, had all I could stand. Back at the house now trying to thaw out.
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
Curlyjack
Non-Typical

Re: Too Cold

Postby terry08 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 am

No way would I be out there. When I was younger, I would love to hunt in this type of weather.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:52 am

"when I was younger"... I never thought those words would come out of my mouth :)
gtk
Admin

Too Cold

Postby triple_duece » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:53 am

I may have to leave this site. Too many campers on here lol. Too cold, too windy, raining, hot, suns out, too cloudy,can’t get a kitchen pass lol. Y’all need to buckle your chin strap and get in the game!

Season is in it’s 3rd trimester and I’m seeing excuses and not pics.
triple_duece
Non-Typical

Postby glenn » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:51 pm

triple_duece wrote:I may have to leave this site. Too many campers on here lol. Too cold, too windy, raining, hot, suns out, too cloudy,can’t get a kitchen pass lol. Y’all need to buckle your chin strap and get in the game!

Do I get my man card back since I hunted this morning? The worst part was that as I got in the stand the zipper on the right leg of my coveralls split open. I couldn’t fix it and don’t have snaps so it flapped open all morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:58 pm

glenn wrote:
triple_duece wrote:I may have to leave this site. Too many campers on here lol. Too cold, too windy, raining, hot, suns out, too cloudy,can’t get a kitchen pass lol. Y’all need to buckle your chin strap and get in the game!

Do I get my man card back since I hunted this morning? The worst part was that as I got in the stand the zipper on the right leg of my coveralls split open. I couldn’t fix it and don’t have snaps so it flapped open all morning.

No you good Glenn lol. The others.... well not so much!
triple_duece
Non-Typical

Postby RoadRanger » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Welp my son and I have hunted every day for 3-6 hours per sit and it's been tough at times. However we seen deer every time and harvested two mature bucks. We are pulling our last hunt as I type. Should be a five hour sit. Looking to kill does now so look out lady wood goats!
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:17 am

I am in a tripod now with no heater, but it was only down to 25 this morning. Evidently the deer are huddled up somewhere though, trying to stay warm. Only seen one doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018-19 Team #1 BLADES and BULLETS
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:44 am

Well since I don't have a man card to lose..... LOL.... I fully confess to having abandoned the ladder stands for boxes with heaters this past week. I have hunted staggered times, and I have seen deer and turkeys every time but one. Because the rut is starting I am passing on does for the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:54 am

Well I guess my man card is gone too cold for me my old knee can't stand it I have a rule I enjoy hunting when the time comes when I can't enjoy it I don't do it I'll leave it to younger ones trying to make a legacy I already have one even if I never kill another deer I have been truly blessed

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby jv » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:23 am

Well its been cold but I haven't hunted in about 15 days because I come down with the flu and now my cough sounds like a coon dog on the trail of a big fat coon.
I do hope maybe this week I might get back in one if my shoot houses
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby Curlyjack » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:46 am

Well yesterday was the only morning Ihave left the stand early, but Iwas sitting in a bottom and the wind was blowing and it was 23 F. I don't know what the wind chill was,but i was hurting with five layers of clothes on.
Guess I am jsut getting soft the older I get. I will try to do better the rest of the season. :)
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
Curlyjack
Non-Typical

Postby triple_duece » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Hey I hope y’all know I was just joking! It’s been tough out in the cold weather for a change. Even worse in a climber or ladder. Just for the record I was in towers with heaters ready if I needed it. Some days I did!

I hunted everyday since December 20th thru January 5th. Some days were all day sits w most of them just getting out for a hour or two and hunting till dark. Only time we didn’t jump right back in was when we killed.
triple_duece
Non-Typical

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion