• Advertisement

here LITTLE piggy!?!?!

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

here LITTLE piggy!?!?!

Postby danielw » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:44 pm

I thought I was dealing with bout a half grown...... UNTIL......pay close attention, these two are standing at the almost exact same spot (the stump)
CDY_0166.JPG

and THEN :shock:
CDY_0167.JPG

UUUUFFFFFFF!!!!!
danielw
10 Point

Re: here LITTLE piggy!?!?!

Postby STILLHUNTER » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:43 am

Easy 400,000 pds :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: I would lay the :smash: down on him fast if i seen him!!!
STILLHUNTER
dudesittinginatree

Postby ufgators68 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:19 am

I smell bacon. LOTS of bacon... good lord that sucker is huge.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby dustygoodson » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:04 am

lil corn and a spotlight might get him :lol:
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby 11buck » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 am

i would shoot him :ylsuper:
11buck
button buck

Postby Smacko » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:35 pm

dustygoodson wrote:lil corn and a spotlight might get him :lol:

You must not ever been hog hunting???

Hogs are different than deer...once that light hits them..they are gone...

Hunt them during a full moon...
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby danielw » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 pm

I was able to thin the herd by one, not for sure weather it the one in the pic, but he is far from SMALL. Might would have had more if my gun had not jammed, guess that is what I get for not shooting that gun more often. Will post pics and the rest of the story, later :2TU: .
danielw
10 Point

Postby danielw » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:50 pm

I left work Tuesday to check my game cameras, since I have gotten the first pic of a hog, I'm always WELL armed :smash: . I pulled up to my unload spot and shut the truck off, then thought back to some earlier pics that showed I miss the rooters by 15 minutes. So I cranked the diesel "goat" back up, preceeded to check the 3 game cameras. Just as I flipped the off switch off on the first camera, I look down the road, and out he steps from a narrow strip of brush between the road and a creek. "OH BOY, did you just f*** up" was the first words I said, and he must have heard because he looked staight at me with a look of "OH S**T!!!". I knocked the safety off on my trusty firearm and open fire, the hog was quartering hard to me, but I was aiming at the "white of his eyes", he spun and crossed the road. About that time, the others decided it was high time to get while the gettin was good, little did they know that my gun had jammed. By the time I had another round chambered, it was all over :cry: . I went to check for blood or hair and found neither :evil: . I know my gun is not off so I don't know what has happened, but I'm not going to check the rest of my cameras in the dark. As I am walking up to the third camera, look up, there is a hog broadside, now when it comes to me and hogs, "IF THEYR'E STILL STANDING, I'M NOT DONE SHOOTING" :smash: . Aimed at the sweet spot, fired, the hog went bout another 30 feet, still standing, still shooting, hog went another 10 feet and went down :ylsuper: . Went to check if this is the same hog that I started with, shurnough, the one I started with. Called a buddy to offer him the pig and help getting it out. My pig was more than he wanted to tackle that late.. Ended up getting my dad and uncle to help dress out the 175 LB. pig, and without their help, I know I wouldn't have been at work on Wen... Carried it to "The Front Porch" which is north of Banner and where I had the 2 does processed at.
danielw
10 Point

Postby danielw » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Here are is some pics:

before
CDY_0186.JPG

after
PICT0011.jpg

:2TU:
This hog is smaller than the one at the top, which we at work have dubbed "bushy tail".
danielw
10 Point

Postby dustygoodson » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:41 pm

wtg on the hog kill
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Return to Small Game & Varmits