• Advertisement

trail cam advice

Trailcam pics, questions, and good links

trail cam advice

Postby Yogi » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:04 pm

ok you guys have got me interested on building me a camera whicj one of the sony cams do you recomend the p32 or the p41 which is easier to build what is the pros and cons of either of them ????
Yogi

Re: trail cam advice

Postby ufgators68 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:08 am

Yogi wrote:ok you guys have got me interested on building me a camera whicj one of the sony cams do you recomend the p32 or the p41 which is easier to build what is the pros and cons of either of them ????

From what I've read, the P41 is as easy as the P32 to modify. I modified the P32 in like 30 minutes for IR and added the shutter assembly. I don't know any specific features about the P41 to compare it to the P32 to though.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:01 am

You cant go wrong with either camera. Both use the exact same modification.n

The P41 is more expensive, but probably not too much more.

Some say the P41 is a "hair" quicker to trigger, because of the way it reads the memory card. The P41 reads the memory card on once when a new card is inserted. The P32 supposedly reads the memory card every time the camera turns on, so on large cards like 256Mb+ it may be a little slower.

I use only 128Mb and 64Mb cards on my p32's just to be safe.
gtk
Admin

Postby lugnut » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:03 pm

it really depends on your setup as to which camer to use. the p41/32's are great for trail use because they are quick to take a picture. also if you can find an olympus D380 or 370 they make great trail cameras.

the one camera that most people are getting into is the sony dsc-s600. you can still find them in most stores like walmart, target. office depot had them on sale this week for 99.99. they're normally 199.99. i bought 2 this week. the s600 takes unbeliveable pictures; it's a 6mp camera that takes a picture in 2sec from the time it is triggered in daylight and 3sec in the dark. the mod on the s600 is tricky i hear because of the small soldering locations.

i hope this helps you a little bit and if you got any questions post them here and i'll try to help you out. i need to get better about checking this site.

todd
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Return to Trailcam