• Advertisement

09-10 the beginning.....

09-10 the beginning.....

Postby chadbragg » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:14 am

Well last year I asked GTK to make this forum for us then due to the divorce & my work schedule I didn't participate as much as I should have. This year I hope things are much better, I plan to show pic's of my green fields and shooting houses in different phases, then hopefully some kill stories and pictures..... I hope everyone has a great year. I just looked at my schedule and I'm scheduled to go home on oct. 1 but might disappear the day before and will be off til the 11th!!!!!
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Re: 09-10 the beginning.....

Postby chadbragg » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Man come on OCT 1!!! I am SO ready......

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby WGbuckfever » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:48 am

Thats some good shooting! :2TU:
WGbuckfever
Boone&Crockett

Postby chadbragg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Well I hunted 10/1 AM on the hardwood ridge and didn't see anything, Sat there til app 10:30 then got down and did a lil scouting, had a doe and small spike almost run right over me.... Picked me out a place to hunt the next day.

10/1 PM I went back to the same stand as the AM, but the skeeters were to BAD. I packed my stand out and decided I would cut the grass and get ready to hunt the AM....
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:07 pm

10/2 AM I hunted the edge of the hardwood ridge and just after daylight I had a single doe walk up the trail I walked in on and I took the shot at 25yds, It wasn't light enough for me to tell if it was a good shot or not, decided to wait about an hour before I got down. I had 4 does feed under me, but thinking I had hit the 1st one good I didn't shoot one. I got down only to find my arrow burried up in the mud with only a couple hairs on it, I must have shot right under her...

No PM hunt due to getting my kids from school and day care.
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:18 pm

10/3 AM I hunted the same stand as the day before, I got in the stand at app. 5:45 and had deer walking under me before I was settled in the tree... I didn't spook them, but I didn't see another deer until 9:45. I was in the process of packing my equipment up when I looked up and saw a buck heading my way. I had already tied my pull cord to my bow, so I quickly untied it and got ready for the shot. It was a small buck, but looked like it would measure legal. I put the rage behind the shoulder and he ran app. 25yds and did the good ole teter left then back right then fell!!! I could see blood gushing as he ran off.... He wasn't as big as I had thought, ended up measuring 10.5" and had a broken main beam.

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Well it rained all day 10/4 and I went to morning and evening school duity until 10/7... I got the wife to meet my aunt who is a teacher at my sons school with him that morning and went hunting. I hunted my spot behind my grandmothers barn, but only saw a flock of turkeys... I hunted until 9:00 because I had to have a CT scan at 13:30 and wanted to eat before the 4hr limit, so I went out and had breakfast....
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:08 pm

10/10 AM I hunted the stand on the edge of the hardwood ridge that I shot at the doe the week before. I didn't see but one doe that was directly down wind of me and about 70yds away. I climbed down and packed my stand out as my time off is coming to an end. When I walked out into the hay field I was parked in, there was a flock of turkeys and 4 deer there, I decided to put my stand down and try to stalk to within range of the deer, the wind was perfect. I went back into the woods and dropped below the ridge and quietly walked to where I thought I would have the best chance for a shot at the deer. When I stuck my head out around the cedar tree I realized I was in range of them. I used my range finder and was 35yds from the closest one. I stepped back out of sight and nocked an arrow and stepped back around the cedar and the turkeys saw me, they scattered and spooked the deer, a doe ran directally at me and passed within arms reach....
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:22 pm

10/10 PM Talked the wife into dropping the kids off at grandma's and going hunting... We went behind my grandmothers barn and got settled in my make shift ground blind, at app. 17:40, and about 5 minutes later 4 does walked down the trail and I took a 20yd broad sided shot and I MISSED.... She has hunted with me 3 times and I have missed 2 while she was with me....
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Return to Chad Bragg's Journal