• Advertisement

Southern MS Folks

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Southern MS Folks

Postby gtk » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:08 pm

I'm getting a few pics from folks in the southern and mid portion of the state. At least some people are getting deer... It seems they have ceased to move up here in DeSoto County.. I can't see a deer for nothing !
gtk
Admin

Postby ufgators68 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:31 am

Try Church rd between Olive Branch and Southaven, if ya just want to see a deer..lol. I used to see a lot of deer there on my way home from Olive Branch. Saw a real nice buck one time. Still wish my aunt had bought up some of that land when she had a chance about 15 years ago. It was cheap at that time.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:00 pm

Yes.. I used to travel that road daily, between 7:00 - 7:30.. Saw ton's of deer on that road, between Pleasant HIll and Getwell. Saw some really good bucks too. I know of several good deer that have come from that area.

If you havent been down that road lately, there is now a gravel pit on the corner of Church & P-Hill, and several new subdivisions going in ...
gtk
Admin

Postby ufgators68 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:24 pm

It's been about 2 1/2 to 3 years since I've been on that road, I live completely on the other side of the state now...lol. Last time I was on Church rd they'd just finished most of the dirt work leading to Hwy 305. You fellas are constantly running out of hunting ground in Desoto county. I lived in Tate county and was there for Christmas, land is starting to get slim there. More trailers and "subdivisions" than I'd ever thought possible for that area. Don't have that much of a problem over here, my in-laws own quite a bit of land (farmer) and I've got quite a few friends that own land as well. Gonna start looking for some of my own pretty soon.

I edited this because I meant to say hwy 305 instead of Pleasant Hill rd. I think it's 305, been a while since I was up there...lol. I know it leads to Independence and through Cockrum.
Last edited by ufgators68 on Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:39 pm

Yes, Aberdeen is quite a ways from Olive branch.. DeSoto County was 39th in the nation in growth last year, and your right, the deer hunting in DeSoto county is getting scarcer every year.

Have a goodern..
gtk
Admin

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion