• Advertisement

Confidence Is Back

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Confidence Is Back

Postby terry08 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:39 am

After taking two does, one with out a pic and the other with pic. I have regained my confidence in myself and my trusty 45/70. But now I am wondering about the two bucks I think I missed.

Every deer I have shot with the 45/70 have dropped dead in their tracks, but the doe I took Sat ran about 50 yds. and then fell dead. I thought I had missed again the way she bolted she showed no sign of being hit, it just so happened she ran in open woods and I was able to keep her in the scope and watch her fall. The shot was a little high but busted the heart and exited the front shoulder. The two bucks I think I missed bolted in the same way. Now I am wondering if I really missed them, as they both ran into thicket which I could not keep them in the scope. I did search the thicket to no avail. But they could have ran out the back onto adjoining property. I watched the skies for buzzards for several days and seen none. I sure hope I missed cause I can't even stand to think I wounded one and he ran off to die.

Any way two in three days has given me my confidence back.
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion