• Advertisement

Spring then Summer

Stick & String.. No Cams .. Talk traditional archery

Spring then Summer

Postby RonD » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:49 am

Well folks I think spring has sprung in the Mississippi Delta with summer not far behind. My wife is starting to formulate her "to do lists" for this spring and summer and I am getting the materials together. What all of this means is that I will probably being posting less to the trad archery forum than usual. Let's just be sure that we come back from time to time and let our trad buddies know that we are alive and well. This is an excellent web site and thanks to gtk we have our own trad forum which speaks well for those who administer this site. I know Tradgang and the Leatherwall on Stickbow have been around alot longer than MSDEER, but they are not the first and final word on the traditional experience. What we have here is the OPPORTUNITY to get even better. So, with that being said, I will post here as often as possible and put in my two cents in making this site among the best on the internet. Attached is a photo of me and my grandson Hunter. It's always nice to be able to put a face to the words.
Attachments
hunter7.JPG
RonD
button buck

Re: Spring then Summer

Postby phildaddy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Great looking young man. ???? on the older one. :W: :W: :W: Be prepared for questions as I get back into trad shooting. Thanks
phildaddy
6 Point

Postby RonD » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Phildaddy, yes he is quite a young man and loves the trad bow and arrow. As far as the older one goes, us old guys aren't always easy on the eyes when the hair on top slides into the ears and my mustache looks exactly like my Schnauzer's. Ask any question about trad archery you have and I will be more than glad to give my opinion. I'm not sure what I really know about from a technical point of view, but I sure have alot of fun messing around with trad stuff. Post whenever you can. The more trad people we have here the better the information.
RonD
button buck

Postby taterhead » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:49 pm

What kind of bows are you guys holding?
taterhead
button buck

Postby RonD » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 pm

I am holding a Marriah Thermal take-down recurve and my grandson is holding a Saxon Fox one piece recurve. The photo was taken a couple of years ago, since then I have been shooting a Sentman Moosejaw one piece longbow and have a Beeler Tracker longbow on order.
RonD
button buck

Return to Traditional Archery